UK/Scotland numberplates discussion

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
DEL BOY
Donation rank:

30 Jan 2015 11:47

i know silly isnt it but thats what they start with disgned on our post code zip

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

30 Jan 2015 12:38

meerkat wrote:please dont mock scotland the number plates are the same as english plates its ireland have different plates as republic of ireland does not belong to the united kingdom scotland is the same as uk exept republic of ireland if you not been to scotland please do not say things you dont know about
Who ever said that we're mocking about license plates? :?: I know that Ireland has different plates and that the UK share the same format but we're just talking about the letter (and where did we mention Ireland?).
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

30 Jan 2015 13:15

I split off this discussion in an attempt to keep the sticky thread informative for casual forum users. Feel free to continue on this nitpicky tangent here, though if I were ScuL, I'd make every numberplate in the game read "w**k*r" just to spite you lot. :P
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

30 Jan 2015 13:19

Jan Verschueren wrote:if I were ScuL, I'd make every numberplate in the game read "w**k*r" just to spite you lot. :P
Funny. Very funny

NOT!
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

Moh1336

30 Jan 2015 17:44

Making 'S' unique to Scotland wouldn't be realistic, in fact quite the opposite.

Most haulage firms run nation wide as you'd expect in a Sovereign State, so while the letter does indicate the vehicle was sold in Scotland, you see them all over GB. Keeping GB with all variants including S is far more realistic than limiting it.

Here's a full list of number plate identifiers: http://www.newreg.co.uk/dvla-number-plate-identifiers/

Superdavecan

01 Feb 2015 13:05

The region code is based on where the vehicle was first registered, and normally stays on the vehicle for life. Since you do not have to change the plates if you move to another area, of course it's going to happen that the number plate of a vehicle will not always match the region in which it is currently registered.

And regarding the country code used on Scottish plates... SCO is an unofficial country code that is permitted to be used on plates registered in Scotland, although the official country code remains GB. Although plates with the SCO country code are permitted, technically if you take the vehicle out of the UK the plates are not recognised as is by other countries... you need to attach a separate GB sticker to the vehicle, in the same way that you have to for vehicles with plates that don't have the Euroband. I'm not sure how often this is enforced in other countries, but legally you can be issued with a fine for not having the GB country code on either the plates or a separate GB sticker.

A similar situation exists in Spain, where in Catalonia there are plates with the unofficial country code CAT, alongside plates with the usual country code E.

Rocar 512E

03 Feb 2015 23:53

This one's good :D

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information