If ProMods ever does the US, redo Texas.

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Trakaplex

15 Jun 2023 19:15

I do believe ProMods will only do Canada? If they ever come to the US, here is one thing. I would suggest they redo Texas in their standards. They did Iberia well and it shamed SCS's version in terms of accessible roads. Now onto Texas. There are lots of things lacking in SCS's DLC that ruin the immersion, even the smallest signage details such as exit advisories and county border signs. The metro regions are way too small, when there could have been easily more space cheated like between Dallas and Fort Worth for example (one tiny exit in between completely ruins the feel you are in the DFW landscape). Houston and Galveston more into the Gulf. In today's blog, SCS managed to shove in the megalo High Five when it probably will chew up remaining space. Add more roads in Texas too. Extend US-180 past Lamesa past Anson. Add huge chunks US-281, which is nonexistent for three-quarters of SCS DLC. My main gripe is the metro areas, which have tall skyscrapers with nothing around them, or Austin, which has barely any offroads.

I do believe 1:20 scale is a suspect, but only part. Blame the rules SCS has for mapping too, such as ascribed grids per developer. There was an old video on the ProMods channel right after ATS's release about DFW signal testing, I think. This will be more drastically problematic when the map migrates east if SCS mapping quality does not improve.
Last edited by Trakaplex on 16 Jun 2023 06:00, edited 1 time in total.

ScuL
Founder

16 Jun 2023 00:41

SCS have a set of strict rules and guidelines in order to find a balance between adding detail and realism versus keeping the game at a playable level for people with poor performance PC's (aka potatoes)
We have more liberty as we do as we like. Unfortunately we do not have the resources to do any rebuilds in the US parts of the map at the moment
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Shiva

16 Jun 2023 20:41

Trakaplex, you could try it yourself?
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information