FF2: Filling in the Suburbs

Post your own screenshots & videos of our mods here
Bernhard_

26 Jun 2021 08:00

Great paint job. Happy 25th birthday KRONE.

Thanks for your recordings.
Best Regards

Bernhard

krigl

26 Jun 2021 20:51

Cheers, Bernhard!

Today's journey takes us back into the Czech Republic via the small settlements of Čachrov and Klatovy south of Pilsen, then past Prague and down the D1 to Jihlava.

Another day, another border crossing.

Čachrov. Short and sweet.

Approaching Klatovy, a larger scenery town, very nice.

Now heading up to Prague.

Prague's ring road.

A last glimpse of Prague.

Travelling SE down the D1 towards Brno. We're going to Jihlava today, though.

And here we are.

Next thrilling instalment: Jihlava to Linz in Austria.
Dusan

krigl

27 Jun 2021 18:33

Here we are in Jihlava, ready for a penultimate drive in the Czech Republic.

Heading up to the D1 through the early morning light.

On the D1, travelling northwest, i.e. towards Prague. But we're going to turn off soon and drive south to Austria.

Lovely day for it.

Okay, now we've turned south towards the border - destination Linz.

I drove this route in my first screenshot thread, but it was in winter snow, and everything looks very different.

Balloon jam.

Not sure what this place is.

Crossing the border into Austria.

Linz isn't far away.

And here we are - Linz, Austria's answer to Ostrava.

Took a day off to sample the delights of Linz, then headed back to the Czech Republic.

Our final trip from the CR is from Olomouc, another new ProMods addition, but quite a bit more elaborate than Jihlava.

We'll be heading past Brno and the famous Nove Mlyny reservoirs down to Vienna.

Sinister. But will the hunted become the hunter? Wouldn't like to mess with either of these two ladies, if ladies they are. Perhaps they are Replicants, or lizard like aliens in human form?

Picking up the next job from the local farm.
Dusan

krigl

27 Jun 2021 19:53

Posting again today because I'm so far ahead and I'd like to get the tour all posted before my holiday.

At a farm near Olomouc.

Vyskov airfield, I think.

Approaching Brno.

It's a short way in-game south to the Nove Mlyny reservoirs.

This area has been upgraded since last time I saw it - nice job!

Mikulov Castle.

The church is all that's left of a village that was flooded to create the reservoirs.

The Austrian border. Vienna lies ahead.

The newly constructed Austrian parts of the Vienna - Brno motorway (the Czechs seem to have built nothing IRL to meet it) are reflected in-game. Impressive!

Although the distance is short in-game, it's still great to see this new section of road represented there. Have driven on it quite a few times now IRL.

Vienna also seems to have had an upgrade, though I wasn't as thorough an explorer 3 1/2 years ago as I am now - perhaps all these tunnels were already there, but I just drove through without seeing them.

The massive network of confusing tunnels are a defining feature of Vienna for drivers. They are so crazy if you only pass through the city once a year - every time it feels different, every time there's that sense of wonder that you actually got through them in one piece and without getting lost.

The scenery in Vienna is somewhat oversized, but still nice for all that.

Last time I was here it was around Christmas 2017. How the years have flown by.

What is it with Vienna and Karl Marx? The city centre is full of palaces and boutiques.

Well, the time has come to deliver our farm produce. Next time we'll be seeing a different side of Vienna, and travelling there from Bratislava.
Dusan

krigl

28 Jun 2021 08:01

Today we're off to Vienna again, but this time from Bratislava.

We're going to be seeing a different side to the Austrian capital - the industrial side.

The scenery around here is pretty awesome, and almost certainly ProModded, I'd imagine.

We'll also be taking in a little bit of countryside around Hainburg, too.

Here's our main destination - this brilliantly hideous agglomeration of chimneys, storage tanks, machine halls and other... stuff.

Dropped off one cistern and picked up another to take back to Bratislava via the scenic route.

How lovely it must be to live in such a charming locale.

More tunnelling fun. Had to brake sharply here.

Passing through another part of Vienna.

And out into the countryside. Bratislava and Vienna were famously connected by tram at some point, so it isn't far between them.

Hainburg is just a scenery town, but it has two castles! You can see them on the horizon.

Over the Danube, I guess.

Border post.

And back to Bratislava.

And that's it for now. Dusan

krigl

28 Jun 2021 20:36

It's time for some hops from Slovakia into Hungary.

First up, Bratislava to Gyor, which is about as far away from B'lava as Vienna, I guess. A short trip.

Someone's making good money here. Mind you, the cheapest Lambo only costs around twice as much as a new Actros, and I have, oh, at least 20 Mercs in my fleet, so who's laughing now eh?

A last sorrowful look at Bratislava, and we're heading south-ish towards Hungary.

I say 'south-ish' because the road keeps twisting and turning, you know?

Passing through the border, and we're already in a region of supreme flatness. Must be Hungary.

Different windmills here.

And here's Gyor, a ProMods addition.

Dropping off the cargo at Audi. We'll explore Gyor a bit more in a couple of days.

Now for a second trip, this time from mountainous Banska Bystrica to the Hungarian capital, Budapest.

We're carrying ice lollies, yippee!

BB definitively behind us, and we're heading into Vanillaland.

For some reason I took a wrong turning and had to double back. Wonder why these people were queuing up.

Zvolen again. Let's take a closer look at this PM town.

It's a nicely made addition...

...which makes the sudden plummet into pure Vanilla all the more painful.

Ouch. I mean. it's not too bad, but yeah. Hungary is the least upgraded of the four Going East states, I think. There are some good bits, thanks to PM, but a lot of it is stuck in 2013 still, unfortunately.

Crossing the border.

Budapest lies ahead.

Arrival. We'll be touring Hungary very soon, so will leave its multifaceted delights till then. That's it for now - thanks for looking in!
Dusan

Added in 11 hours 48 minutes 48 seconds:
Today sees the end of part two of this tour, and the start of part three. Here we are near the HQ in Kosice, Slovakia, picking up a cargo to take to Hungary.

Farewell to Kosice.

South to the border.

And we're in northwest Hungary.

The journey to Debrecen is quite nice, but very Vanilla.

This looks like it might be ProMods, it's hard to say. I haven't driven round here for a LONG time.

OH YEAAAH.

Debrecen, however, definitely isn't vanilla, it's a great bit of scenery.

On the way to the drop-off.

And that officialy ends Tour 2. Now, on, on, on with Tour 3 - a trip around the edge of Hungary.

Let's get moving! We commence where Tour 2 left off, in Debrecen.

The city looks pretty real in the morning light.

We'll tour it a bit more when we return at the end of the round trip. We're going to be travelling anti-clockwise, so our first stop will be Budapest.

First we need to pick up some freight from a nearby farm.

And now we're on the road.

Not sure why, but I always find myself speeding in the Vanilla Zone.

And the Vanilla Zone it very definitely is as we get closer to the nation's capital. That's it this time - hope to post another set later.
Dusan

krigl

29 Jun 2021 20:39

Continuing towards Budapest. The blades on those windmills look awfully small - perhaps they got broken off by all the rotating quadruple sets of birds?

Three water towers together. They must need a lot for all those sunflowers.

Here's Budapest. How does it compare to Prague, that's the question on my mind...

Well, it seems Budapest is slightly better, with some attempt made to reproduce some of the landmarks.

It also has a bit more depth to it, maybe.

Sorry, Prague...

We'll be making some trips from Budapest later. Right now we're pressing on to ProMods' Gyor along the north of the country.

Nice - have seen that a couple of times myself when driving to Budapest.

Things are starting to look more realistic as we approach Gyor.

Here we are - looking good.

Delivery time.

Alright, let's take a look around.

Well, that was nice. Regretted parking up for the evening here - those three kept on talking outside my window absolutely all night.

Not in a good mood as we left town - destination Szombathely.

The attractive, if remorselessly flat scenery soon lifted my spirits and had me whistling my fave dechovka numbers as we passed field after field.

Really? And what about in HUNGARY? Come on, out with it. What is the most recommended bed in Hungary, hmm?

Heading southwards, making good progress. Next set - Szombathely, Sumeg, Barcs and Pecs.
Dusan

Bernhard_

30 Jun 2021 06:34

Thanks for the shots. Are beautiful content to see!
Best Regards

Bernhard

krigl

30 Jun 2021 15:56

Glad you're enjoying them, Bernhard!

This time we're arriving in Szombathely in the west of Hungary - more great PM scenery.

Nice illusion created here.

Off to another farm to pick up something or other. Both Slovakia and Hungary are mainly rural countries, but Slovakia has more wild, spectacular landscapes, and Hungary is basically flat and agricultural for the most part.

Nice little machine.

Slightly wierd trailer though, but okay. If this was ATS the trailer would be at least four times as long.

Let's get out of town and head over to Pecs via Sumeg and Abs.

Extensive graveyard near Sumeg.

The castle at Sumeg. One of Hungary's only impressive landmarks in-game unfortunately. Probably true also in real life, if my IRL journeys in western Hungary are anything to go by. The most famous natural region in the country is the puszta, which is again flat, flatter than flat, flat flat flat.

Sumeg.

Promods of course.

And now on to Pecs. I was "joking" about Abs earlier, there is only Pecs in Hungary. But who knows, maybe there's a guy called László "Six-Pack" Abs somewhere in this palacsinta of a country. Actually, that should be Abs László, they tend to put their surname first here.

Mind you, if someone was called Abs László then the "Six-Pack" would be kind of redundant, wouldn't it?

The low sun visor on this truck makes it look uber (to me anyway) but does restrict the view quite a lot. Like how it angles upwards at the right so you can see the mirror.

Pecs is a Vanilla town, and basically the whole of the south of Hungary is highly Vanillin-saturuated.

Except for Barcs - nice PM scenery town.

Yep, typical Alte Schule Going East scenery.

Pecs. Hungary's answer to Linz AND Ostrava.

Off to deliver to a farm nearby. Cheers - Dusan.

krigl

30 Jun 2021 21:17

Morning in Pecs. Today a thrilling trip through almost 100% Vanilla scenery awaits. Well, what can you do? A tour is a tour.

We'll be making it in this outrageously colourful paintjob.

Another farm is where we're going.

Nicely muddy.

This part of Hungary was added by SCS some time after Going East came out. Probably they had planned to add it but just ran out of time.

Tunnels... through tiny hills. Jealousy is a powerful emotion.

Szeged lies ahead.

Quad stacks, nice.

At Eddie's again. He's such a nice guy.

Hmm. Why would anyone actually want this?

Okay, on our way back to Debrecen.

A rare point of interest in Hungary. What is it? I'm not even going to try to guess.

Default Going East scenery at its best.

Oooh... I smell ProMods.

Yep. Not far from Debrecen is the village/town of Puspokladany.

That's it for now - one more set left in Part 3 of the tour - Puspokladany to Debrecen and Vasarosnameny.
Dusan

Return to “Share the love”

• Information