How to Stop Steam Update

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Chief Mec
Donation rank:

22 Jun 2020 20:51

Hello everyone,
My name is Andy from Scotland UK.
I have been using Promods on and off for the last year but I have found it really good since the 2.46 update and I have been driving everyday now!
I have noticed that SCS have made some revisions to 1.37 in the last week and I don't want to loose the compatibility with 2.46 and 1.37.
Can someone please tell me how to stop Steam from updating to never versions so I can keep using 2.46 and 1.37?
Thank you for taking the time to read this post and good luck to you all.

Gondrong

22 Jun 2020 21:11

You still can use 2.46 with the minor updates SCS have with 1.37.

JohnBart
Donation rank:

22 Jun 2020 21:18

Hi Chief Mec!

Glad to hear you like the mod. ;)
To provide more details for your questions...
I have noticed that SCS have made some revisions to 1.37 in the last week and I don't want to loose the compatibility with 2.46 and 1.37.
This shouldn't cause any problems. Minor updates of the same major version (e.g. updating, say 1.37.0.200s to 1.37.1.250s) won't break compatibility with the mod. However, it may happen that your location is reset back to your main garage.
Can someone please tell me how to stop Steam from updating to never versions so I can keep using 2.46 and 1.37?
Unfortunately there is no option on Steam to avoid updating ETS2/ATS when a major update is released, so you can only do some workaround to prevent that. The TruckersMP folks wrote some pretty good ideas, such as defining a time interval for updates when your PC is turned off, or updating the game only when it's launched. Alternatively, you should downgrade your copy of ETS2 to the version compatible with ProMods when an update is released. Check this video on how to do that.
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

Chief Mec
Donation rank:

22 Jun 2020 22:05

Gondrong wrote:
22 Jun 2020 21:11
You still can use 2.46 with the minor updates SCS have with 1.37.
Many thanks for your reply!

Added in 1 minute 20 seconds:
JohnBart wrote:
22 Jun 2020 21:18
Hi Chief Mec!

Glad to hear you like the mod. ;)
To provide more details for your questions...
Thank you for your help. I have read the Truckers MP post and set my steam to a download time when my PC is off.
Last edited by JohnBart on 23 Jun 2020 09:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Cut quote. Please do not quote the post above you in its entirety, and avoid nested quotes. ;)

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information