DLC Scandinavia

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Chris94_NOR
Donation rank:

10 Oct 2014 19:41

volan123 wrote:
rarespetrosanu wrote:
Chris94_NOR wrote:Seems like most of those images must be from Stockholm.
They are ;) and the quality is superb
Maybe after the release of DLC they will reconstruct some cities - London Paris Berlin , especially these 3
How about some more? Wien, Praha, Bratislava, Luxembourg, Brussels, Amsterdam and more are all waiting for reconstruction.
Depends, if there are any room for it.
Developer of ScandinaviaMod ProMods map add-on
- E18 Oslo-Kristiansand(Larvik, Porsgrunn, Skien, Arendal)
- E39 Kristiansand-Stavanger(Stavanger & Kristiansand rebuild)
- E6 Lillehammer-Otta(rebuild)

ScandinaviaMod:
https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17799

Chris94_NOR
Donation rank:

22 Nov 2014 00:05

SCS Software just revealed the signs for DLC Scandinavia.

http://blog.scssoft.com/2014/11/dlc-sca ... gress.html

Today we would like to show you a glimpse on an element of ETS2: Scandinavia assets that we are currently finalizing. Populating the game world with signs that look real and make sense is a task requiring hundreds of man-hours of careful work. We dedicate a lot of attention to this feature of the game, after all there are players who challenge themselves to journey the world without the use of built-in Route Advisor GPS unit, and we had better make sure it is possible.

For DLC Scandinavia, we want the raise the quality bar with signs as well. Check out a compilation of a subset of new navigation signs:
Developer of ScandinaviaMod ProMods map add-on
- E18 Oslo-Kristiansand(Larvik, Porsgrunn, Skien, Arendal)
- E39 Kristiansand-Stavanger(Stavanger & Kristiansand rebuild)
- E6 Lillehammer-Otta(rebuild)

ScandinaviaMod:
https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17799

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

22 Nov 2014 01:03

What if we told you that we have experimented with the very same system here at ProMods? ;)

It was however not practically stable enough :(
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

ScuL
Founder

22 Nov 2014 01:04

They have made quite a few good concepts but as a frequent visitor to Scandinavia, I do find that some of the sizing of texts & road numbers is completely wrong on some and somewhat wrong on other signs. Hopefully they can improve this - if not, we will!
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Euro1234-Truck

22 Nov 2014 10:06

Will this interfere with ProMods?

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

22 Nov 2014 11:24

Currently not, but we have found that parts of the system (especailly "def/sign/templates.sii") are not really modding-friendly...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

rarespetrosanu

25 Nov 2014 08:42

Seems like this DLC will come out next year , January is a good prediction
I don't understand why they don't give us the cities that have been developed , a little bit of the map
The size of the map is not huge - to stay that much in that area to develop ...
The standard map that was released in 2012 took them 2 years , this part of the continent more than a year - i know,they used new tools - for me is just too much
I hope that the Final Product will blow our minds
I'm certain of one thing - Stockholm version of ProMods will be better than the one of SCS :)

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

25 Nov 2014 10:49

There is quite a few new models, prefabs and textures for Going North/SC DLC, it'll take some time to test the lot
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

knibbe99
Donation rank:

26 Nov 2014 14:21

Hello

If i want to buy this DLC I will see a road tfrom Gotheburg to Oslo, and if not, are Promods planned it?
I think the E6/E20 roads are a beautiful road from north to south, especially the roads from just Gothenburg to Oslo and the part of Svinesund, and in a beatuful mods that don´t gonna miss. In Promods you must take a ferry from Oslo to Sweden...

I just wanna see the two, so I could see, important town in Sweden, like Helsingborg and Trelleborg. Are the Promods planned for this 2 cities?

ScuL
Founder

26 Nov 2014 15:22

knibbe99 wrote:Hello

If i want to buy this DLC I will see a road tfrom Gotheburg to Oslo, and if not, are Promods planned it?
I think the E6/E20 roads are a beautiful road from north to south, especially the roads from just Gothenburg to Oslo and the part of Svinesund, and in a beatuful mods that don´t gonna miss. In Promods you must take a ferry from Oslo to Sweden...
This is not true, you can drive from Göteborg to Oslo via Svinesund in our mod since version 1.0!
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information