DLC Scandinavia

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
tkk7406
Add-on Developer

28 Nov 2014 22:11

ZelvaCZ wrote:Well tbh I think that the Scandinavia DLC will be much better than ProMods' Scandinavia.. I don't say that ProMods is bad, it is really nice :)
But SCS has created a lot of new objects and buildings, so it looks more realistic I think..
Yeah but then it has to be better. For starters you have to pay for the DLC, whereas Promods is a free map mod. Also, SCS can and are taking their sweet time over that whilst Promods have to make sure that their map is released ASAP (especially with "mod changing" versions such as 1.12 or 1.14)
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

ScuL
Founder

29 Nov 2014 01:40

ZelvaCZ wrote:Well tbh I think that the Scandinavia DLC will be much better than ProMods' Scandinavia.. I don't say that ProMods is bad, it is really nice :)
But SCS has created a lot of new objects and buildings, so it looks more realistic I think..
The biggest advantage is that SCS have a full team of "asset builders", people that are paid to make models. We don't .. models are our weak spot. We can be very creative with the tools that we have but we are limited in this area.

Also consider that myself and Nico visiting SCS has contributed to many little ideas and features in the DLC that may not have been there without us.

However I still think that the final DLC has a few problems, notably the incorrect motorway intersections, lay-outs of certain types of roads and the lack of detailed signage that we have.

Consecutively our mission is to take the DLC (once it's released and stable) and put all of our ProMods stuff in it to get the best of both worlds.
We will undoubtedly have to correct some of the roads.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

BebeMischa
Donation rank:

29 Nov 2014 02:13

Can't wait ... This is going to be genious! ;-)
Volvo FH16 classic 6x4, RJL Scania T 730 Hp 8x4/4, and more...
https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online ... p?id=71603
http://steamcommunity.com/id/bebemischa/
i7 9700k, 32 GB, 2xMSI 1070Ti SLi, m.2 SSD 2 TB, 3x24" 1080p, T500RS wheel + shifter with Eaton Fuller knobs
ETS2, Promods, RusMap, Southern region, Great Steppe, all Jazzycat's
Speak NL, CZ, SK, D, GB

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

29 Nov 2014 08:56

SCS has a budget Promods has an interest
That's why talented modders always will go beyond eventually
Danger is teams breaking up and work is never released

Yes SCS will do their very best and better than Going East DLC
I am excited and have high expectations
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

Euro1234-Truck

29 Nov 2014 10:31

When DLC Scandinavia comes out, Are you gonna merge the ProMods map and the DLC together because I have alot garages in Scandinavia and I dont want to loose them when the DLC comes out

volan123
Donation rank:

29 Nov 2014 11:20

Euro1234-Truck wrote:When DLC Scandinavia comes out, Are you gonna merge the ProMods map and the DLC together because I have alot garages in Scandinavia and I dont want to loose them when the DLC comes out
Yes it will be merged ;)
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

volan123
Donation rank:

29 Nov 2014 11:22

plykkegaard wrote:SCS has a budget Promods has an interest
That's why talented modders always will go beyond eventually
Danger is teams breaking up and work is never released

Yes SCS will do their very best and better than Going East DLC
I am excited and have high expectations
Indeed, a gaming company only does so much until it's profitable. But the modding community continues their work and goes to the higher standards than createors ;)
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

rarespetrosanu

01 Dec 2014 20:02

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

01 Dec 2014 20:18

rarespetrosanu wrote:http://blog.scssoft.com/2014/12/volvo-t ... eborg.html

Another one :)

I LIKE IT!
it is an eye cracker indeed
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

02 Dec 2014 00:19

Yes, I posted this link earlier today. It is indeed very, very lovely.

More than simply eye-candy however is the promise that we will be able to pick up trucks there (and hopefully from Scania too) and deliver them to dealers throughout Europe!
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information