Problem toll gates around Paris (truck Scania T)

This is where topics get moved that aren't caused by bugs in our mod
Claverx
Donation rank:

30 Jun 2014 23:23

Hi guys,
I have the same problem of this topic http://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1813
...but not only in that toll gate, in all toll gates around Paris in direction to Paris: the same but going outside Paris don't have problems... :o

I have a Scania T730 (Promods 1.62 + Ets2 1.10 + Going East) and not have problems in Italy, Swiss or in other city of France (for example Lille is ok)....
My ETS2 1.37 set: Promods 2.46 & ME & TCP + ETS2 Local Radio + Naturalux + Rusmap 2.1 + Southern Region 8.0 + Great Steppe 1.36

My screenshot thread https://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 9&start=30

Claverx
Donation rank:

01 Jul 2014 22:43

UPDATE!!
I tried other two toll gates at north of Paris: one is ok, but the other is not ok (no when going to Paris, yes when exit from Paris)

The final situation of the five toll gates around Paris is this:

Tried also other cities:

Nantes OK
Caen OK
Angers OK
Rouen OK
Poitiers OK
Le Mans OK

....for now is all: tomorrow try other toll gates in other cities
My ETS2 1.37 set: Promods 2.46 & ME & TCP + ETS2 Local Radio + Naturalux + Rusmap 2.1 + Southern Region 8.0 + Great Steppe 1.36

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

02 Jul 2014 09:43

Not sure but I think that this behaviour is caused by the T-cab truck. Could that be true?
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Claverx
Donation rank:

02 Jul 2014 10:05

Nico wrote:Not sure but I think that this behaviour is caused by the T-cab truck. Could that be true?
Hi Nico,
...perhaps yes, If you want I can to try with another type of truck.....
....but why the same toll gate have problem in one direction only? is not possible to modify the toll gate?

It 'sad not to be able to use that kind of truck :cry:

TeamSukka

03 Jul 2014 06:54

I had the same problem with a Scania T truck...Well have to change truck in Nantes....happily it´s not that far away.

Claverx
Donation rank:

03 Jul 2014 23:13

UPDATE 2!!

I tried other two toll gates around Lyon: one is ok (south) , but the other (north) is not ok....
.... (NO when exit from Lyon, YES when going to Lyon)

I have tried also other cities:

Dijon OK
Reims => Metz OK
Metz => Dijon OK

PS:....I sincerely hope that you can edit those "toll gates bugs" for the next version of Promods :?
Thanks.....

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

04 Jul 2014 02:21

Claverx wrote:UPDATE 2!!

I tried other two toll gates around Lyon: one is ok (south) , but the other (north) is not ok....
.... (NO when exit from Lyon, YES when going to Lyon)

<pic snipped>

I have tried also other cities:

Dijon OK
Reims => Metz OK
Metz => Dijon OK

PS:....I sincerely hope that you can edit those "toll gates bugs" for the next version of Promods :?
Thanks.....
I'm sorry, but I think you need to look towards the maker(s) of your truck mod for a solution to this problem. I just went ahead and created a test profile to check your assertions. I've checked these tollgates with a Peterbilt 387 (another non-COE truck, not dissimilar to your Scania T-cab) and they all worked.
As an aside: both northbound tollgates on the A6 (the one just north of Lyon and the one just south of Paris) are vanilla SCS, as is the one on the A4 arriving into Paris from the west (Reims).

It's not up to ProMods to make someone else's mod work. It's the mod authors who have to make sure their creation works in the game. I suggest you raise this issue in the mod's thread on the SCS forums, which I guess is this one. If it isn't, then, well, you're not running the latest Scania T mod.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

Claverx
Donation rank:

04 Jul 2014 08:50

Jan Verschueren wrote:
I'm sorry, but I think you need to look towards the maker(s) of your truck mod for a solution to this problem. I just went ahead and created a test profile to check your assertions. I've checked these tollgates with a Peterbilt 387 (another non-COE truck, not dissimilar to your Scania T-cab) and they all worked.
As an aside: both northbound tollgates on the A6 (the one just north of Lyon and the one just south of Paris) are vanilla SCS, as is the one on the A4 arriving into Paris from the west (Reims).

It's not up to ProMods to make someone else's mod work. It's the mod authors who have to make sure their creation works in the game. I suggest you raise this issue in the mod's thread on the SCS forums, which I guess is this one. If it isn't, then, well, you're not running the latest Scania T mod.

@Jan Verschueren thanks for your detailed reply! :)
... and thank you for the time you have dedicated to my problem

Sorry, I thought that the problem was in the map :(
Now I will follow your tip and will post the bug in the SCS forum...

Still Thanks! :)

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

04 Jul 2014 10:58

Claverx wrote:<my post snipped>

@Jan Verschueren thanks for your detailed reply! :)
... and thank you for the time you have dedicated to my problem

Sorry, I thought that the problem was in the map :(
Now I will follow your tip and will post the bug in the SCS forum...

Still Thanks! :)
No problem. I'll back you up when you post to the SCS forum.

Meanwhile, you know about the "developer mode" teleport trick, right?

Open the ..Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\config.cfg file, and find:
uset g_developer "0"
And
uset g_console "0"

Change them to:
uset g_developer "1"
And
uset g_console "1"

This, among other things, gives you access to an extra in-game camera viewpoint ("developer cam"), accessed through the "0" key. With the mouse and the Numpad "arrow" keys (2, 4, 6, 8; 3 and 9 raise/lower the view) you can move this view about. If you place this viewpoint beyond an obstacle, near to the ground (say at 5th wheel level), you can then instantly teleport to this location by pressing the F9 key. Really usefull if you get "stuck" in the game.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

ScuL
Founder

04 Jul 2014 16:23

A lot of the places mentioned here are in untouched areas (vanilla SCS map).

Not sure why this problem occurs but it seems to be more generic than ProMods
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Not a bug ETS2”

• Information