Faroe Islands and Iceland Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Purno
Donation rank:

22 Dec 2014 11:26

kallejre wrote:Can we hope Iceland 1.0 for February?
Not all of Iceland, that's for sure.

The southern part (Seyðisfjörður-Fjarðabyggð-Vík-Selfoss-Reykjavík-Keflavík) is pretty much done. Whenever the team decides to do a new release, that part of Iceland could tag along.

The northern part of route 1 (Blönduós-Akureyri-Egilsstaðir) will take a lot more time and I don't expect it to be ready in February.

And then there's future expansions like Ólafsvík and Ísafjörður. Those are on lower priority. Finishing ring road 1 has higest priority ATM.

Meanwhile;
(yep, that's Akureyri in the background)

Rocar 512E

22 Dec 2014 11:41

Nice, but i hope that the whole iceland is released

LA-MJ
Donation rank:

22 Dec 2014 14:28

I may be original in what about to say but you seem to make Iceland sound like a large and populous country. I know the tectonic plates are making it bigger every moment but don't you think your plans are a bit too over-reaching for such a small island?

I see 7+ towns in your list for a country with 300K citizens (what is a good number for one average town) in area the size of Korea with 50M people! Similar European countries compared: Portugal (10M, 2 cities only in planning stages), Hungary (10M, 2 cities in ETS, no plans), Latvia+Estonia (3M, 8 planned cities).

Don't you think you are ruining what actually makes Iceland unique? It's a vast and empty place. 7 towns in Iceland makes Denmark look like Kazakhstan.

I am sure there are plenty of other places in Promods you could work on ;P

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

22 Dec 2014 14:33

Iceland is one of the most beautiful countries of Europe, I'm glad that Purno takes the time to build the country. I don't agree with you about Iceland is empty, that certainly isn't the case. It's full of beautiful nature, and I'm very curious about how Purno is going to show that beautyness in the game.
Purno should work on Iceland. Not on other countries, those can be done after Iceland.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

LA-MJ
Donation rank:

22 Dec 2014 14:34

Sure, nature. NOT towns.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

22 Dec 2014 14:37

Who cares about towns in Iceland? Six/seven towns is enough for Iceland. ETS2 is desperate in need of more beautifully show beautiful nature just like the nature of Sweden is show.

Edit:
If you care more about cities then beautiful scenery, please try TSM. Lots of copied cities, not so much next to realistic scenery
Last edited by Volleybal4life on 22 Dec 2014 14:42, edited 1 time in total.
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?

LA-MJ
Donation rank:

22 Dec 2014 14:41

Volleybal4life wrote:Who cares about towns in Iceland? Six/seven towns is enough for Iceland. ETS2 is desperate in need of more beautifully show beautiful nature just like the nature of Sweden is show.
You've missed my point. 7 is too many for Iceland (yet, there 2 more as 'possible' in the list) and Promods team has always been consistently saying it's the cities that are taking the most time.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

22 Dec 2014 14:43

Ah, my bad, ignore the edit :)

I indeed did understood you wrong... :oops:
Weekly driving vids

No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

22 Dec 2014 14:59

Remember that most of these towns are small. They are really towns, not cities. For instance, Vík in ETS2 is no more than just a few houses and one company (usually a farm or a quarry) or with another function like a ferry port (Fjarðabyggð) or gas station (Hofn). Only Reykjavík is a city in Iceland, and it looks like Akureyri will be the second city in Iceland. Don't expect much from the rest of the towns in terms of size.

Why did we implement towns anyway? Distance. There is some sort of critical town density ETS2 must have in order to work properly at the lower levels. When you start the game, your working range is small, so you do need to have jobs to other towns from your starting point, even when said starting point is Iceland. Therefore, we implemented these small towns as stepping stones to cross the large distances Iceland has. Between the towns, there is a considerable distance. For instance, it will take you at least 10-15 minutes to get from Seydisfjorður to Höfn, while for instance Hamburg - Bremen is less than 5 minutes.

You may say it looks full, but when you will start driving there yourself on the ETS2 map of Iceland, it will still feel vast and empty...

... as it should be!

Best,
MandelSoft
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

22 Dec 2014 15:08

I never though of that.. My low level driving days are long gone.. :P
Weekly driving vids

No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information