Development on version 1.x (Finland - Project Napapiiri)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
valtteri.vaisanen.1

26 Apr 2014 13:24

I think they should add Oulu (It is one of the biggest cities in the central finland).

Dannu
Donation rank:

27 Apr 2014 04:47

ENG: They are adding Oulu, wait for the news. FIN: Ne lisäävät Oulun, odota rauhallisesti.
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

Nissantruck

27 Apr 2014 15:50

LoaderSaints wrote:
Purno wrote:That looks like 3 lanes + 1 exit lane to me. ;)
I agree, in Finland there are some rather long exit lanes in some places for example on Kehä III near Vantaanportti / Jumbo Shopping Center.
Yes you are absolutely right about that.I mean in Finland you can find very long exit roads for example Helsinki/Viikki, where they are incredibly long up to a few kilometers in length.And near The Helsinki-Vantaa airport and the Jumbo shopping center you can also find long 3 lane roads,but 3 lane roads are more common in Finland than 4 lane roads are. :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

Platypus
Developer

27 Apr 2014 22:26

Hello,
Päivää,

Here some news and informations.Thanks a lot for many comments posted ;)

- Kotka will come in the next version with vt7. A part of vt7 is already included in coming version (until Porvoo). There will also be a gas station, but maybe not exactly at this place. Scale does'nt allow to represent everything that exists in real life ;) Thanks for info about roadworks until russian border. I will place some in the next versions when I will do this highway ...
- Changing jonctions as suggested will take time, because the road type under the junction need also to be changed (from 2 -> 4 lanes) and I need to found place to install prefab to go from 4 to 2 lanes. I will think about that for future.
- Road textures were also adapted (white middle line, more sparse) on main roads but are not yet matching fully the real ones. New textures should be created, we will see what we can do in the future...
- Highways have 2 lines in mod, some parts with 3 lanes. Also, scale and existing prefabs gives some limitations. I try to represent it as realistically as possible ;)
- Also, all panels are now adapted, swedish language is only present in bilingual cities, like in real life.
- As already said, Oulu will comes with northern part, until swedish border and Arctic Circle, but not in coming version. It will be normally for the next one. Yet many kilometers of road to build until there ;)

- To end this post, three photos of new city of Kuopio :
Kuopio_r1.jpg
Kuopio_r1.jpg (168.55 KiB) Viewed 2371 times
Kuopio_r2.jpg
Kuopio_r2.jpg (181.81 KiB) Viewed 2372 times
Kuopio_r3.jpg
Kuopio_r3.jpg (183.78 KiB) Viewed 2372 times
Good night !
Hyvää yötä !

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

27 Apr 2014 22:31

cool screenshots of Kuopio!

Chris94_NOR
Donation rank:

28 Apr 2014 02:50

I haven't seen it yet, but will the ferry bug be solved in the next version?
Developer of ScandinaviaMod ProMods map add-on
- E18 Oslo-Kristiansand(Larvik, Porsgrunn, Skien, Arendal)
- E39 Kristiansand-Stavanger(Stavanger & Kristiansand rebuild)
- E6 Lillehammer-Otta(rebuild)

ScandinaviaMod:
https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17799

SweetErin

28 Apr 2014 10:17

It's already fixed in 1.62

rekkapekka
Donation rank:

28 Apr 2014 10:45

It would be nice if it's possible to make a boat route from Helsinki to Rostoc. It would be easier not always have to drive through Sweden and Denmark on the way to Europe. In real life, between Helsinki and Travemünde passing cargo ships, such as Finnlines

LoaderSaints

28 Apr 2014 12:16

Platypus wrote:Hello,
Päivää,

Here some news and informations.Thanks a lot for many comments posted ;)

- Kotka will come in the next version with vt7. A part of vt7 is already included in coming version (until Porvoo). There will also be a gas station, but maybe not exactly at this place. Scale does'nt allow to represent everything that exists in real life ;) Thanks for info about roadworks until russian border. I will place some in the next versions when I will do this highway ...
- Changing jonctions as suggested will take time, because the road type under the junction need also to be changed (from 2 -> 4 lanes) and I need to found place to install prefab to go from 4 to 2 lanes. I will think about that for future.
- Road textures were also adapted (white middle line, more sparse) on main roads but are not yet matching fully the real ones. New textures should be created, we will see what we can do in the future...
- Highways have 2 lines in mod, some parts with 3 lanes. Also, scale and existing prefabs gives some limitations. I try to represent it as realistically as possible ;)
- Also, all panels are now adapted, swedish language is only present in bilingual cities, like in real life.
- As already said, Oulu will comes with northern part, until swedish border and Arctic Circle, but not in coming version. It will be normally for the next one. Yet many kilometers of road to build until there ;)

- To end this post, three photos of new city of Kuopio :
Kuopio_r1.jpg
Kuopio_r2.jpg
Kuopio_r3.jpg
Good night !
Hyvää yötä !
Thank you for the information Platypus. Respect.

daniel1562

28 Apr 2014 12:35

Good news :D good luck with that we sure will apreciate it

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information