Development on version 2.x (Romania Edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Purno
Donation rank:

06 May 2014 16:44

stummer wrote:I want to do a delivery from Bergen to Bucuresti one day ;)
Bergen? What about Trondheim, Galway or Lisboa?

Vladzz-G
Developer

06 May 2014 16:58

Purno wrote: Bergen? What about Trondheim, Galway or Lisboa?
As I know, Portugal and Ireland are postponed, or, in other words, in very long term.
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

Purno
Donation rank:

06 May 2014 17:09

Vladzz-G wrote:
Purno wrote: Bergen? What about Trondheim, Galway or Lisboa?
As I know, Portugal and Ireland are postponed, or, in other words, in very long term.
Still, we can hope to drive for it, "one day" :mrgreen:

Vladzz-G
Developer

06 May 2014 17:49

Purno wrote: Still, we can hope to drive for it, "one day" :mrgreen:
Yes, but it doesn't mean, that you can post it all time... ;) And in development on Romania topic! :mrgreen:
If these cities are mentioned in term plans, it means, that they will be... in one time. ;)

For example, I also want, that they will add also Ventspils with it's ferry port to Latvia, because I know, that they will planned to add Nynashamn in Sweden, which allows to connect Latvia (Ventspils) via ferry. And throught this city can make very good connection with Latvia and Sweden, and without any forms of cheats. At least, I think that.
Much better, than from Riga to Stockholm with ferry.

But I really don't want to get them bother with this request, and better I will follow the news, and we will see, what will be later...
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

noos103
Donation rank:

06 May 2014 19:27

mirfi wrote: Honestly, I don't have any clue when it will be ready. Hopefully, till the end of the summer. Anyways, as soon as it will be ready, it will be included in that ProMods release.
I really appriciate all the hard work going into this and I really don't expect that Romania will be fully completed in 1.7 :shock:

What I meant was will you launch Romania as a whole when it is done or will you release parts of it when ready like it is now being done with France? I can also understand the phased approach will take some more juggling and coordination and it's easier for you to focus on getting it finished. It's just a thought. ;)

Keep up the good work and I cannot wait to drive from different places in Europe (Amsterdam, Bergen, Aberdeen, maybe even one day from Lisboa, Reykjavik and St Peterburg ;) ) to Bucharest :)

cheers

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

06 May 2014 22:19

I'd like to release Romania as a whole so users got a nice big area to discover at once....

Not sure how Mirfi is planning it though ;)
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

rarespetrosanu

06 May 2014 23:32

!
Last edited by rarespetrosanu on 21 May 2014 11:49, edited 1 time in total.

MIRFI
Donation rank:

07 May 2014 08:37

Although I initially planned a "beta" version with 4-5 cities from western Romania, I'm thinking now to push forward building the whole Romania in a single version.

I thought it would be better to give players a little bit of a teaser to play with meanwhile I finish everything, but if you have patiance to wait me build the entire map, no problem. It's way much easier for me and for Nico (who has the difficult task to convert everything from 1.8.2.5s to 1.9+, because I'm using some old files from my old maps). ;)

Purno
Donation rank:

07 May 2014 09:07

Personally I think there's something to say for both release plans. Releasing the map in parts gives new areas to explore sooner and more frequently, and also offers more interesting and varying routes to open up. Releasing the whole country as a whole feels way more epic, and allows players to explore the area in one go.

In the end, I'd say it's up to the developers to decide. If releasing the whole thing at once is easier, it sounds like a logical step to do so indeed. :)

Chrischrill
Donation rank:

07 May 2014 14:13

Vladzz-G wrote: Much better, than from Riga to Stockholm with ferry.
What's wrong with this? It's a common route used. I've been on the Stockholm-Riga cruise, although not for driving a truck :lol:
Commonly known as Chrill on the Internet.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information