Development on version 2.x (Romania Edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
MIRFI
Donation rank:

27 Apr 2014 07:40

Well, a alot of time, mate.. :) Two days ago I started working on that segment and I think it will take another 1 or 2 weeks till I will get it done properly.

Tijzemaes
Donation rank:

27 Apr 2014 08:17

Hey mirfi, first of all: a wonderfull map!! but I have question for you. Are you going to build a connection from Satu Mare, Romania to Kosice, Slovakia or do we have to drive by Oradea?
#JeSuisCharlie

MIRFI
Donation rank:

27 Apr 2014 08:33

Thank you, Tijzemaes! Unfortunately, you will have to cross Oradea, in order to reach Satu Mare. I can't link Satu Mare to Kosice because the road would cross Ukraine. And that would mean new models, new traffic signs and alot more wasted time for just one unimportant road. Bisides that, folks living in Satu Mare in real life would cross Hungary (European Union) to reach Slovakia. We don't adventure to much outside the EU borders. :)

Purno
Donation rank:

27 Apr 2014 09:48

mirfi wrote:Well, a alot of time, mate.. :) Two days ago I started working on that segment and I think it will take another 1 or 2 weeks till I will get it done properly.
Yeah, that was what I assumed. Probably only takes me 15 minutes to drive past that road you worked on for weeks. :(

sw3gameboy

27 Apr 2014 10:04

mirfi wrote:Thank you, Tijzemaes! Unfortunately, you will have to cross Oradea, in order to reach Satu Mare. I can't link Satu Mare to Kosice because the road would cross Ukraine. And that would mean new models, new traffic signs and alot more wasted time for just one unimportant road. Bisides that, folks living in Satu Mare in real life would cross Hungary (European Union) to reach Slovakia. We don't adventure to much outside the EU borders. :)
To be honest, i think you could have done it like this (black - route):
As you can see, the route use the M3 then the 49 in Hungary, and finally the 19A in Romania to Satu Mare. Would be much better since you wouldn't need to explore Oradea in order to get to the rest of Romania :) Consider this idea atleast ;)

MIRFI
Donation rank:

27 Apr 2014 10:19

Tijzemaes asked me about Satu Mare - Kosice ;) I will see though what I can do next month. It was in my "later-on" plans actually.

Keep in mind though that Romanian cities don't have too many ring roads and trucks in the middle of the cities are quite a common site. This is the case with Oradea too. Oradea border is a very important connection with Hungary and much of the heavy traffic that comes from it crosses the city center. I want this issue to be present in the map too :)

sw3gameboy

27 Apr 2014 10:27

Oh ok i just thought about an secondary road that goes directly to Satu Mare. But if that's the case, go ahead and make what you would like to see ingame then ;)

Starfruit 017

27 Apr 2014 20:43

Romania is not yet in the Schengen Area area, how do we cross the border?
Join my forum : My Forum!

View my Projects: My Map Work

MIRFI
Donation rank:

27 Apr 2014 20:58

Not Shengen yet, but no problems crossing the border. The border police usualy stops 1 in 25 cars for a 2 minutes inspection (usualy vans). Although Romanian registred small cars don't usually get stopped. The ones that come from Turkey, Moldova etc. (non-EU) are checked throughly.

The border looks more like a toll booth, where cars are forced to drive slow. Trucks though are less fortunate. They can wait for a while to cross the border. But in the game, you will be able to cross the booth as soon as you enter the country, but you will have to drive slow and carefull, unlike in a Germany - Austria border where you would have flashed through it without even noticing it.

Cosmin_ro

28 Apr 2014 21:20

mirfi wrote:Not Shengen yet, but no problems crossing the border. The border police usualy stops 1 in 25 cars for a 2 minutes inspection (usualy vans). Although Romanian registred small cars don't usually get stopped. The ones that come from Turkey, Moldova etc. (non-EU) are checked throughly.

The border looks more like a toll booth, where cars are forced to drive slow. Trucks though are less fortunate. They can wait for a while to cross the border. But in the game, you will be able to cross the booth as soon as you enter the country, but you will have to drive slow and carefull, unlike in a Germany - Austria border where you would have flashed through it without even noticing it.
ENVER HOXHA wrote:Romania is not yet in the Schengen Area area, how do we cross the border?

Sorry my friend, but Romania is in Schegen area ;) she came-in January 2014

Have a good day!

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information