Trailer & Company Pack Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
kiwimike7
Donation rank:

02 Feb 2016 14:53

Great effort guys, yes it it slow to load, and yes there are empty trailers but that's fine. One concern which has already been mentioned above is some trailers - particularly blue container trailer with no tail lights. Scary when you roar up to it in the dead of night

Bramzel
Donation rank:

02 Feb 2016 16:04

Drive Safely wrote:@KubaJam - the trailer skins are awesome but they don't have to have 4k resolution.

For example, a standard SCS box trailer skin is 1024 pixels wide by 512 pixels high.

If you double that you get 2048 pixels wide by 1024 pixels high. That's high quality already and a good quality size for the trailer skins.

But when you have 4k textures (where the skin is over 4000 pixels wide), that means a significantly larger file size and significantly larger load times considering there are 200 of them to load in the pack. The computers of today (even those built for gaming) can't process a batch of 4k images very fast.

I want to be able to click on ETS2 on my Desktop and see the screen pop up instantly and not have to wait for a minute for the screen to pop up as if it's not responding.

I'm sure the team will be able to cut down the file size by 50% with hardly any visible drop in quality.
Well said, I completely agree. An alternative would be to give us two options, high-res and ultra-res or something?

RadolSzczecin

02 Feb 2016 17:39

I agree - in fact, the resolution texture is very too large.
Trailer package should only update the texture.
DDS files with a size 10.6 MB :shock: - this unnecessary madness :o
A well-made model does not need nearly as large textures.
I think that this has not been well thought out by the author.
The more that the package of semi-trailers to be used with a large map ProMods.

Emyr27
Donation rank:

02 Feb 2016 17:51

Great work from you guys 8-) I'm using it without problems : no empty trailers for me, loading time is a little longer but nothing really bad, textures are great, I'm really happy with this pack. :)
Only thing, being based in Inverness and having OBI or Sitra looks a bit weird, but it was weird anyway whatever the pack I used. ;)

rowinpuch

02 Feb 2016 21:05

The mod looks amazing but the game loads a bit slower. I also see trucks wuth empty trailers and they also don't have lights so this doesn't seem right. And i rarely see a completely red trailer and on the side it says texture with an arrow beneath it for the rest it is an amazing mod that definitly makes the game more realistic
current truck: iveco-190-38
map mods: promods+rusmap+EAA+PJ indo map

Wolfpig
Donation rank:

03 Feb 2016 09:18

Bramzel wrote:Well said, I completely agree. An alternative would be to give us two options, high-res and ultra-res or something?

This pack is already hi res, so which resolution would be ultra res?

And btw. im fine with the size of the textures and have no problem with such stuff (as i mostly use 4xxx for my own skins too) as long as the performance ingame is not significant worse by it.

jasper

03 Feb 2016 11:48

Your mod is awesome , great work guys.

As rowinpuch , i was not able to see trailers from the mod , already had in the past some issue with the mod from Jazzycat" Trailer and cargo pack" , so no more trucks pulling empty trailers or only trucks without any trailer behind.

Thanks and keep the work!!
Volvo FH Globetrotter XL 750HP 6X2/4 Midlift

Map coverage: 44,78%
Truck driven distance: 12275 Km
Overall driven distance: 879873 Km
Driven distance during jobs:548030 Km
HQ garage : Nice , France
Trips completed : 450

Bramzel
Donation rank:

03 Feb 2016 12:06

Wolfpig wrote:
Bramzel wrote:Well said, I completely agree. An alternative would be to give us two options, high-res and ultra-res or something?

This pack is already hi res, so which resolution would be ultra res?

And btw. im fine with the size of the textures and have no problem with such stuff (as i mostly use 4xxx for my own skins too) as long as the performance ingame is not significant worse by it.
The current res (4k) would be ultra-res, high-res would be 2048 or something.

rudenkov vladimir

03 Feb 2016 12:22

thank you. for Pak new trailers and companies. only the truck traffic drive without trailers. the order set in the Manager as you have in the first post
ProMods - (senior) Beta tester.

03 Oct 2013

rowinpuch

03 Feb 2016 18:12

jasper wrote:Your mod is awesome , great work guys.

As rowinpuch , i was not able to see trailers from the mod , already had in the past some issue with the mod from Jazzycat" Trailer and cargo pack" , so no more trucks pulling empty trailers or only trucks without any trailer behind.

Thanks and keep the work!!
I think you misunderstood me I dont see empty trailer al the time but quite often around 15%/20% of the trucks. I don't use jazzycat his mod i do use promods rusmap project balkan and a mercedes mp1 mod
current truck: iveco-190-38
map mods: promods+rusmap+EAA+PJ indo map

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information