Development on version 2.x (Southern Scandinavia)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Ostpuff
Developer

02 Jul 2016 16:04

No, there are no changes planned for Nynäshamn. SCS made it really well in the DLC with the exception of Nynäsvägen (Rv73) which we have made into a motorway like in real life. (a very short one though).
Besides, there is not really much room for changes or expansion in the area, it is very crammed already.
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

RacerToft
Donation rank:

07 Jul 2016 15:29

RacerToft wrote:No, this (KBH) will not be included in 2.10
We are happy to announce that this ^ is not truth :)

The rebuild of København will be included in update 2.10!

It wasn't our plan to include it already in this update..
But the progress of it has gone so fast ;) ...and now it's already in the latest release of our closed beta!

Here some sneak peak of our totally rebuilt KBH!

ATS Map Designer, SCS Software

From Denmark, living in the Czech Republic!
Keep calm and ride the dirt!
"Kan man gå overhovedet i sådan nogle?" -Jørgen Leth

Tronni22

07 Jul 2016 16:02

That is awesome! Thanks for your hard work Racer! :o
- Dale, get out of the hot tub. We're stealing a news van.
- It's the perfect crime. How will they ever report it?

"It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong, but it takes an even bigger man to give a giraffe a haircut"
Twitter @KeetPotato

Barrett_killz

07 Jul 2016 16:10

Now would you look at that! Are there any more cities planned in Denmark? (Vejle, Horsens, Randers, etc.)?

DanishTruck

07 Jul 2016 18:03

WOW. I very happy to see more in Copenhangen. :D
And it is "Motorvejskryds Avedøre" on maps?
https://www.google.dk/maps/@55.6303323, ... 278,14.99z

Good work RacerToft ;)
fight me (ง ͡ʘ ͜ʖ ͡ʘ)ง
http://i.imgur.com/yDJxElX.png

RacerToft
Donation rank:

07 Jul 2016 18:53

Barrett_killz wrote:Are there any more cities planned in Denmark? (Vejle, Horsens, Randers, etc.)?
I don't know how you would think there would be space for these cities.. Especially Vejle and Horsens! The ETS2 map scale is 1:19 and with such a small country as Denmark is it impossible..
DanishTruck wrote:And it is "Motorvejskryds Avedøre" on maps?
https://www.google.dk/maps/@55.6303323, ... 278,14.99z
Yup it is!

Thanks.. :)

ifok

07 Jul 2016 21:42

RacerToft wrote: Yup it is!
It look really cool. I drive on this road everyday on my way to school/work and it is very recognizable. Good job :) However those kind of tall buildings does not exist in this area (but i suspect that might be caused be the scale).

What would be very nice though is if you could put the iconic tall buildings (højhuse) of Brøndby Strand as scenery.

Barrett_killz

07 Jul 2016 22:07

RacerToft wrote:
Barrett_killz wrote:Are there any more cities planned in Denmark? (Vejle, Horsens, Randers, etc.)?
I don't know how you would think there would be space for these cities.. Especially Vejle and Horsens! The ETS2 map scale is 1:19 and with such a small country as Denmark is it impossible..
Actually one of them would fit if there will be a couple of roads, like Frederikshavn, for instance.

LoaderSaints

08 Jul 2016 04:10

@Barrett_killz
I'm sure the developers know better so no need to argue in that matter.

RacerToft
Donation rank:

08 Jul 2016 08:14

ifok wrote:However those kind of tall buildings does not exist in this area (but i suspect that might be caused be the scale).
It is indeed because of the scale :roll: That also means this interchange (Motorvejskryds Avedøre) is the last exit in Denmark..
Barrett_killz wrote:Actually one of them would fit if there will be a couple of roads, like Frederikshavn, for instance.
There could maybe be space for Randers.. (but why not? Because the map will be too overcrowded.)
Space for Vejle and Horsens...?? Ehm, no way!
E45 from Kolding to Aarhus is not that long ingame, because we have the E45/E20 and E45/18 junctions (+ route 18 to Herning). Between those we have Vejlefjordbroen.. That area is already restricted a lot compared to irl.
Then take a look at Fyn. The distance from Lillebæltsbroen to Storebæltsbroen is about 80 km irl. Look at how short that is ingame with Odense midway.
The distance from Kolding to Horsens is about 60 km irl. How would you fit in two cities there when we already have two junctions and Vejlefjordbroen. Remember that you need exits to the two cities, which also take up a lot of space.

If you can make space for it while it still will be realistic, we would like to know from you... and how!

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information