Development on version 1.x (a part of Scotland)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Superdavecan

24 Dec 2014 16:19

Awesome, I really thought Scotland was very poorly represented in the vanilla SCS map. Glad to see something is in the works to improve Scotland. Thank you Platypus! :D

Andy_GTI
Donation rank:

24 Dec 2014 18:29

Im really grateful for the updates to Scotland, truly I am. Its fantastic news. In my opinion you guys should be paid for all your hard work. But I still don't like the idea of all these fictitious ferry routes. I think it ruins the immersion. The ferry from Newcastle to Norway no longer exists, and the only ferries available from the Faroe Islands go to either Denmark or Iceland. So what if a driver doesn't make a profit from such a route - this is often the case in real life as companies are obliged to undertake less profitable jobs as part of a wider, more profitable contract with a customer. I know my advice, whilst noted, won't be taken on board I can only let you know how I feel.

Keep up the good work guys!

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

24 Dec 2014 19:18

Totally agree with Andy, it's a fantastic opportunity to add this part of Scotland, which the map has always been crying out for ;).

kallejre

24 Dec 2014 21:21

I haven't been in Scotland, but you should try to ephasize, that you are driving in Promods Scotland.
Even, if it's not real, try to add some picturesque hilly landscapes with a drivable road going through.

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

25 Dec 2014 06:01

Andy_GTI wrote:But I still don't like the idea of all these fictitious ferry routes.
Fictitious isn't the right word, since that implies they never existed in the first place. Historical would be better.

I'm in favour of it. It gives me an opportunity to drive through these new areas on the way to Iceland, remedying the problems that Finland, Italy and the new Danish areas have. You have to make a sacrifice to get a job to those destinations most of the time (Usually from around 79 Euros/km to about 35 Euros/km), but there's a wealth of jobs to Germany or France.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

25 Dec 2014 11:40

The ferry between Bergen and Newcastle will be replaced by a ferry between Bergen and Tórshavn. From Tórshavn, you can either take a ferry to Iceland, Hirsthals (DK) or Thurso (UK).
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Rocar 512E

25 Dec 2014 11:42

MandelSoft wrote:The ferry between Bergen and Newcastle will be replaced by a ferry between Bergen and Tórshavn. From Tórshavn, you can either take a ferry to Iceland, Hirsthals (DK) or Thurso (UK).
Please no

ScuL
Founder

25 Dec 2014 11:58

Michael Rosen wrote:
MandelSoft wrote:The ferry between Bergen and Newcastle will be replaced by a ferry between Bergen and Tórshavn. From Tórshavn, you can either take a ferry to Iceland, Hirsthals (DK) or Thurso (UK).
Please no
We have done extensive calculations, and because of the stupid way the GPS calculates shortest routes, this is the absolute best solution. It will also eradicate the cheat getting to the Netherlands quickly by doing Bergen->Newcastle->IJmuiden
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Nemmm21
Donation rank:

25 Dec 2014 12:10

In my opinion should be Torshavn - Thurso, Newcastle.
For Example. Drive to Bergen from Torshavn: Torshavn - Thurso - Newcastle - Bergen. It's not Ferry Simulator!
From Danemark to Iceland: Danemark - England - Thurso - Iceland. It will be the best option. Hirtshals in my eyes shouldn't be have ferry to Iceland, Too much sea road.

Ferries in my imagine: Hirtshals - Kristiansand / Oslo, Esbjerg not to change, Bergen - Newcastle, Thurso - Torshavn / Iceland.
Logitech G25 + GamePad Xbox360
All DLCs without National Flags

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

25 Dec 2014 12:23

So we can't go to Newcastle anymore? What if we had a job from Bergen to Sheffield for example, we'd have to go to the Islands to get to the UK?
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information