British Isles Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
IvanGF14
Developer

14 Jun 2016 22:13

As a short break from Spain, this time i decided to work a bit on the UK, downgrading an A road to it real size:
Any suggestion are welcome, as i never been on the UK ;)

rocky247
Donation rank:

14 Jun 2016 22:51

Looking good!

Dannu
Donation rank:

15 Jun 2016 00:23

Looks nice :)
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

DaveB87
Donation rank:

15 Jun 2016 00:47

Claus62 wrote:DaveB87:

I'm afraid you're missing the point. We all know that Holyhead, Fishguard as well as Stranraer in Scotland all are possible places where to build a ferry port into Ireland somewhere in the distant future. The problem is that none of them are anywhere near a connecting point on the ETS map. So Callipso is quite right when he points out that at the moment the only connection from Britain to Ireland that is already built is Liverpool (which imho is not THE gateway into Ireland for trucks in real life). So in order for Ireland to be feasible we have to wait until British Isle rebuilding has come to at least one of mentioned ports.
I understand where your coming from, Holyhead isn't far South from Liverpool when viewed on a map, and Fishguard isn't too far from Cardiff and Swansea which are already ingame

Callipso
Donation rank:

15 Jun 2016 00:54

DaveB87 wrote:
Claus62 wrote:DaveB87:

I'm afraid you're missing the point. We all know that Holyhead, Fishguard as well as Stranraer in Scotland all are possible places where to build a ferry port into Ireland somewhere in the distant future. The problem is that none of them are anywhere near a connecting point on the ETS map. So Callipso is quite right when he points out that at the moment the only connection from Britain to Ireland that is already built is Liverpool (which imho is not THE gateway into Ireland for trucks in real life). So in order for Ireland to be feasible we have to wait until British Isle rebuilding has come to at least one of mentioned ports.
I understand where your coming from, Holyhead isn't far South from Liverpool when viewed on a map, and Fishguard isn't too far from Cardiff and Swansea which are already ingame
Lets put it like this, there is no Holyhead or Fishguard in the game yet. That is where we are coming from. They are on a map and yes they exist in real life, what we are saying is there is yet to be places in the game with those names. The only place that is currently a port that could connect to Ireland that is in the game and is functional is Liverpool. Anything else will come after the developers add the cities/towns to the game.

20thcenturyfox251

15 Jun 2016 14:49

Is the Scottish Highlands ever gonna be extended with added cities such as Perth, Dundee, Peterhead, Fraserburgh, Elgin, Aviemore, Kyle of Lochalsh, Ullapool and Durness? I would also love to see the rebuild of SCS cities in Scotland such as Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen, here are some of my suggestions for Northern Scotland:
scotland map ss.jpg
scotland map ss.jpg (138.37 KiB) Viewed 2618 times

MapDrawer
Donation rank:

15 Jun 2016 17:02

Perhaps, although I reckon all those cities aren't going to be added due to the map scale. But, you never know, wonders can happen :)
Last edited by Volleybal4life on 15 Jun 2016 17:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't quote the message directly above you.
Main Garage: Kassel (D)
Other Garages: -
Current Truck: Volvo FH Globetrotter
Current Level: 25 (Master)

Current Journey: Warszawa (PL) - Clermont-Ferrand (F)
Currently Transporting: Coal (24t)
Current Location: Aurach (D)
Route Length: 1347 km

rocky247
Donation rank:

15 Jun 2016 20:21

Will motorways be changed at some point? thing I hate with ETS2 is losing a lane to a slip road some motorways do do this... most don't though.

Also no A road has this road sign on it https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/10 ... 30.svg.png a green sign like this don't exist at all here in the UK.

Just a few suggestions I can think of. and thanks for all the work done so far!!
Last edited by rocky247 on 15 Jun 2016 21:55, edited 1 time in total.

Callipso
Donation rank:

15 Jun 2016 20:37

20thcenturyfox251 wrote:Is the Scottish Highlands ever gonna be extended with added cities such as Perth, Dundee, Peterhead, Fraserburgh, Elgin, Aviemore, Kyle of Lochalsh, Ullapool and Durness? I would also love to see the rebuild of SCS cities in Scotland such as Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen, here are some of my suggestions for Northern Scotland:
one or two cities could be ports to reach the outer Hebrides islands. that would be best imo

Superdavecan

15 Jun 2016 22:33

M95 wrote:Another A-road downgraded to what is reality.
Awesome! :D I've always hated how unrealistic the SCS roads in the UK are... I'm so glad to see an improvement! :)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information