Problem with custom background map

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Luky0805

24 Jan 2023 23:20

Hi,
I've been trying to learn to work with the editor and I've run into troubles quite recently,
I've solved few problems already, but there always seems to be a problem.

Whenever I press 'A' key my custom background doesn't show up, but the console doesn't output any errors.
It looks like if it had loaded a black/transparent image; not even the purple checker pattern is showing.

Code: Select all

00:00:37.626 : <WARNING> [tobj] Sanitized '<MEMFILE><UNKNOWNFS>/material/editor/Malta.tobj' functionality - found 0xffffff88, expected 0x01.
This warning shows up whenever I load the image using 'A' key, but whenever I load the map for the second time, the warning doesn't show up.

Has anyone ever had this problem?

//Note: Malta.tobj is not my file, it's from a tutorial, so it should work, and it even shows up in my image editor. The only thing that's behaving weird is (Euro) Truck Sim Editor

Thanks.

Josh0

25 Jan 2023 14:02

The warning message indicates that your .tobj file has incorrect settings or is corrupted. You'll need to fix it.

Luky0805

25 Jan 2023 22:55

Hi Josh!
Thanks for the reply.

The reason why I have ignored the warning was that I have downloaded .tobj file creator from what I've thought was an official source, well...
After copying a python code that creates .tobj files, running it, and then comparing the files using hex editor, I've found out that the program was faulty.

But the unfortunate message remains, I am still unable to see the background.

If you're wondering, this is my editor_data_custom.sui file.

Code: Select all

# INTERNAL MEMBERS: Insert your map specification to mod_internal.
#		(\mod_internal\base\def\editor_data_custom.sui)
# Modders: Use this file to add your own map specification.

bcg_map_name[]: "/map/test-background.mbd"
	bcg_material[]: "/material/editor/Malta.mat"
	bcg_size_x[]: 247656
	bcg_size_y[]: 211000
	bcg_offset_x[]: 27800
	bcg_offset_y[]: -17750

If you don't see the image please tag me, I think the image hosting website has a certain day limit the image is up.

EDIT: The background map is there, whenever I place road through it, I can see that a black plane is showing through the road, but unfortunately the plane is black.
Also I've added "background_map_height : 0.01" because I've noticed that someone else had it.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information