Questions about signs

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
iRizzo24

03 May 2021 12:19

Hi, I have some questions about signs.

I'm making an italian map and I try to make signage as real as possible (I also added some images atlas that original game do not give), but I have a problem with chevron and simple direction signs, because in the reality they got many colour variants, but in the game there are only blue, green and white. After searching for something in the base folder I found a .dds file, called board_02_it, in model\sign\navigation\it that has the thing that I was looking for, but in the editor I did not find it.

https://ibb.co/wyf0Qj9

This is the image; there are more colour variant for both chevron and simple direction sign, but I don't know how to use them.
Please if anyone could help me I would be grateful!

iRizzo24

05 May 2021 16:18

Ok, I tried editing an original sign (called blue_small_it in it/navigation) with blender: I change the texture with one of the .dds file I linked in the past message; after some errors (it took me a morning to solve them all), I finally see it in the content browser, but when I try to make a template for this sign the game crashes. That's the error in .log:

Code: Select all

00:00:44.340 : <ERROR> Sign model '/model/sign/navigation/it/brown_small_it.pmd' must contain sign areas.
00:00:44.450 : <ERROR> d:\buildbot\slaves\win_slave\final_build_ets2_140_windows_bin_steam_x64\build\prism\src\p3core\collections\arrays\arrays_base_impl.h(475): ??A?$array_t@Usign_area_info_t@prism@@@prism@@QEBAAEBUsign_area_info_t@1@_K@Z: Index outside array boundaries.
The original sign works perfectly, but I edited only the texture in blender, nothing else. I really don't know what should I do to solve it.
Please someone help me!

jonnytruckeruk

07 May 2021 09:14

I would like to make signs too (for the UK) as the template signs are too 'simple' and don't allow enough destinations, I would like to make my own bigger signs to accommodate more than two places, and I also want to build proper roundabout signs.

NikALM

20 Dec 2021 14:38

iRizzo24 wrote:
05 May 2021 16:18
Ok, I tried editing an original sign (called blue_small_it in it/navigation) with blender: I change the texture with one of the .dds file I linked in the past message; after some errors (it took me a morning to solve them all), I finally see it in the content browser, but when I try to make a template for this sign the game crashes. That's the error in .log:

Code: Select all

00:00:44.340 : <ERROR> Sign model '/model/sign/navigation/it/brown_small_it.pmd' must contain sign areas.
00:00:44.450 : <ERROR> d:\buildbot\slaves\win_slave\final_build_ets2_140_windows_bin_steam_x64\build\prism\src\p3core\collections\arrays\arrays_base_impl.h(475): ??A?$array_t@Usign_area_info_t@prism@@@prism@@QEBAAEBUsign_area_info_t@1@_K@Z: Index outside array boundaries.
The original sign works perfectly, but I edited only the texture in blender, nothing else. I really don't know what should I do to solve it.
Please someone help me!
Sign area locator is missing in your sign model

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information