Development on version 1.x (France edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
MapDrawer
Donation rank:

13 Aug 2014 07:59

Purno wrote:
MapDrawer wrote:I hope someone from the team will notice this message and do something about the roads in the ARP
Oh we do notice this message. Problem is, there's A LOT to do. Basically all of SCS area needs improvements (often involving a complete reconstruction), and there's huge parts of Europe that haven't been made at all. With the limited manpower we have, it's all a matter of priorities. Additionally, since our team is doing this on voluntary basis, we can't force anyone to work on a project they don't want to work on.

Kutchek is doing a great job on France so far, but he can't improve Paris and expand the map at the same time. Even within the country of France, priorities need to be made.
I probably ask to much right now, but can Kutchek improve Paris after he has done all the cities?
Main Garage: Kassel (D)
Other Garages: -
Current Truck: Volvo FH Globetrotter
Current Level: 25 (Master)

Current Journey: Warszawa (PL) - Clermont-Ferrand (F)
Currently Transporting: Coal (24t)
Current Location: Aurach (D)
Route Length: 1347 km

LoaderSaints

13 Aug 2014 09:30

MapDrawer wrote:
Purno wrote:
MapDrawer wrote:I hope someone from the team will notice this message and do something about the roads in the ARP
Oh we do notice this message. Problem is, there's A LOT to do. Basically all of SCS area needs improvements (often involving a complete reconstruction), and there's huge parts of Europe that haven't been made at all. With the limited manpower we have, it's all a matter of priorities. Additionally, since our team is doing this on voluntary basis, we can't force anyone to work on a project they don't want to work on.

Kutchek is doing a great job on France so far, but he can't improve Paris and expand the map at the same time. Even within the country of France, priorities need to be made.
I probably ask to much right now, but can Kutchek improve Paris after he has done all the cities?
I think Kutchek will improve Paris when he finds time to do so if he is not satisfied with it. So we'll see.

seannie150

21 Aug 2014 17:46

Just came back from a holiday to Isigny sur Mer, and I was actually stunned how accurately that area is rebuilt in this map! It all looks great of course but you really start to appreciate it even more as soon as you can compare it to real life experiences. Like the german cemetery La Cambe, that is rebuilt in the map. Or the Utah Beach signs. Or the viaduct near carentan etc. etc. Great job Kutchek!

rarespetrosanu

21 Aug 2014 17:48

the new roads from Bordeaux to Paris via Tours or via Vierzon are my favourites roads in France
stunning work ;)

Kutchek

21 Aug 2014 19:25

Thanks men !

Purno
Donation rank:

22 Aug 2014 07:07

Yep it all looks pretty good. I just wish the French wouldn't be using that many toll gates :lol:

MapDrawer
Donation rank:

22 Aug 2014 07:26

Purno wrote:Yep it all looks pretty good. I just wish the French wouldn't be using that many toll gates :lol:
Well, the highways in France are pretty high quality, even in RL :lol: That is because of the toll gates!
Main Garage: Kassel (D)
Other Garages: -
Current Truck: Volvo FH Globetrotter
Current Level: 25 (Master)

Current Journey: Warszawa (PL) - Clermont-Ferrand (F)
Currently Transporting: Coal (24t)
Current Location: Aurach (D)
Route Length: 1347 km

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

22 Aug 2014 08:03

MapDrawer wrote:
Purno wrote:Yep it all looks pretty good. I just wish the French wouldn't be using that many toll gates :lol:
Well, the highways in France are pretty high quality, even in RL :lol: That is because of the toll gates!
That's why the German goverment wants to do the same, toll for the German autobahn. But let's not make this a political topic :P

I actually love the tolls in France, like I also love the roundabouts all over Europe. They make the game even more real :D And more fun to drive then the never ending straight and very boring roads of the US......... (Like the one who made many miles in Europe with Streetview, I made many miles in the US in StreetView, so I know what I'm talking about... NOT..) :P viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3040
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

22 Aug 2014 10:23

Volleybal4life wrote:
MapDrawer wrote:Well, the highways in France are pretty high quality, even in RL :lol: That is because of the toll gates!
That's why the German goverment wants to do the same, toll for the German autobahn. But let's not make this a political topic :P
They already are, although it uses numberplate recognition/ transponders instead of tollgates That's what the gantries ProMods adds to Germany are for. We (Belgium) should do the same, but our politicians are chicken and the are some "communautaire" issues.

http://www.toll-collect.de/en/home.html
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

22 Aug 2014 10:35

Jan Verschueren wrote:
Volleybal4life wrote:
MapDrawer wrote:Well, the highways in France are pretty high quality, even in RL :lol: That is because of the toll gates!
They already are, although it uses numberplate recognition/ transponders instead of tollgates That's what the gantries ProMods adds to Germany are for. We (Belgium) should do the same, but our politicians are chicken and the are some "communautaire" issues.

http://www.toll-collect.de/en/home.html
Ah! I thought they didn't. But Germany indeed already did for trucks.. I forgot :oops:

But let's get back on topic new :)
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information