Finland and Åland Islands Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
volan123
Donation rank:

10 Apr 2016 10:43

It's sad to see someone go away but we are very thankful for your work in Finland and anywhere else in Europe! I hope someday you'll come back :)
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

10 Apr 2016 14:19

Thanks for the fantastic work on Finland Platypus! I have throughly enjoyed driving around it and hope to see you back sometime!

Kobra2112

11 Apr 2016 03:45

Platypus,

It seems like you are suffering from a common symptom of burnout. Thankfully, it is good to see you taking the steps to correct course, in a manner of speaking. In my experience with this, typically, 6 months to a year is needed for you to resolve the symptoms. Please, most importantly, take care of yourself. Remember, your real life should ALWAYS come before your wonderful work with this game.

Regards,
Kobra2112
PM since v1.83 :D

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.0-4.4GHz
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
PSU: 1000G EVGA Platinum
RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 @ 1866MHz

Lolsmurf

11 Apr 2016 18:42

Platypus wrote:I see some users become more and more difficult to be satisfied. They want excellence and perfection, nothing less :(
This makes simply I have actually no more pleasure to work on this project.

My goal when I started to work with Promods was to expand the map with quality equal to SCS or a bit higher.
What I'm sure more than 90% of users are happy with it...

Sorry for all of them and thanks for their support, but actually, I'm not sure I will continue anymore ...

Regards,
Platypus
I know that feeling :)

At the beginning its nice and you re able to make big amounts of map works. But more and more you do it, it starts to feel like a job and not like a hobby.
Combine that with real life stuff and as you can see, its very easy to get demotivated or burned out.

Nissantruck

12 Apr 2016 10:49

Platypus wrote:Hi,

Thanks for all your messages. I worked too much on this map and nearly forgot to play with the game :?
As I wrote it, I don't exclude to make some new work in the future, but not on short term. ("I'm not sure ...") Anyway, I definitely need a break...
I'll probably make some testing for a while. It also needs to be done.

But other devs are also working on the map. Mandelsoft did recently great work in Jÿvaskylä ;-)
So Finland will not be forgotten ;-)

Thanks for your understanding,
Platypus
Thank you/kiitos for your good work for the map of Finland.I really like it and i think that it looks better then the SCS map looks.
So please try not to worry or care about what some people think,because people can be bad to others and if they think that they can do a bettter job with mapping work,then you.Then let them do it and then we can see how they can do it.
Because for example i can only make trailer mods and nothing else.So that is why i need to use other peoples map mods and other mods too,because i cant make them. :(

So ones again thank you for your work in Finland and please continue it someday,because we have many places in this country that is not yet in the Promods map. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

mbman212
Donation rank:

12 Apr 2016 13:47

Thank you Platypus for your wonderful work around Finland. Without your effort to this country, Finland wouldn't probably never made it to the ProMods map ;) And the areas you have rebuilt for 2.0 are very fantastic, you definitely made them better what they were before 2.0 :)

If you need some time to rest, just take all the time you need, I believe that someday you will be back with expanding and rebuilding Finland, even it may take months, but it will be worth it :)
#8 Forum Spammer

ETS2 v1.38.1.15, ProMods 2.5x, DLC content

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

cityplayer

12 Apr 2016 16:34

Thanks for your hard work Platypus and good luck for the future. :)

Rocar 512E

12 Apr 2016 17:07

Thanks SCS. You are basically killing Promods and discouracing our devs. First Kutchek and now Platypus. I am in solidarity with you guys. You did an awesome job. #PrayForPromods

IvanGF14
Developer

12 Apr 2016 17:15

Michael Rosen wrote:Thanks SCS. You are basically killing Promods and discouracing our devs. First Kutchek and now Platypus. I am in solidarity with you guys. You did an awesome job. #PrayForPromods
Platypus leaved us because he thinks his work is not at our standarts. Also SCS is a company who can do everything they want. They are not going to avoid creating a DLC just because a mod does it. Please, stop saying stupid things

suomi

12 Apr 2016 17:45

kiitos työstä tuottaa meille suomessa platypus

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information