Faroe Islands and Iceland Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
ScuL
Founder

09 Mar 2016 07:02

Abraxas wrote:Why not use manual for these hills. You can bind a key to switch between auto and manual. Good tyres help too.
Can you? I would like to know how to do this as I play with the same profile on my desktop (with G27) and laptop (with keyboard) .. and switching the controls every time is annoying :)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Peterson

09 Mar 2016 07:41

Settings - Keyboard - that one unbinded button that says Manual/Automatic switch. I think it's called like that...

You just press it and voilà. I sometimes use it when I want to go to neutral from sequential.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

BrunoAlexLUX

09 Mar 2016 08:07

The only roads that you need to turn to manual, are those in the interior of the island or some others that join some industries far away from the cities. All the others like the ring road don't have that problem.

OlavEmil
Donation rank:

09 Mar 2016 16:33

Peterson wrote:Settings - Keyboard - that one unbinded button that says Manual/Automatic switch. I think it's called like that...

You just press it and voilà. I sometimes use it when I want to go to neutral from sequential.
I don't think it works on "real manual", though (G27 shifter and likewise). At least I haven't made it work. Would be a handy feature.

KrysEmlyn
Add-on Developer
Donation rank:

10 Mar 2016 03:31

I've fiddled with my config settings while out in Iceland, and found that the toggle button for switching between manual and automatic only works if you have the transmission type set as "Sequential". Also, if you have the transmission like this, you'll have to manually shift into reverse regardless if you set the transmission back to "auto" with the toggle switch.

EDIT: Did some more testing with the transmission settings in the config for my profile. Real Automatic also allows for the toggle between auto and sequential to work. Simple Automatic does not allow the toggle switch to work, though.

Abraxas

31 Mar 2016 22:36

Don't be fooled by quiet in this topic. The reason I don;t show you new screens is I don;t won;t to spoil new places for you. New route in Westfjords is going great and looks sweet. Today we've reached Ísafjörður, very important milestone on our journey through snowy fjords. Town will be unique in many ways and as I said I don;t won;t to spoil it, so here is only a teaser image from this awesome town.

Vøytek
Developer

31 Mar 2016 23:19

Looks awesome as always. It's a pleasure to watch these screenshots from Iceland ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

jasper

01 Apr 2016 10:03

Very nice teaser image , Iceland is my favorite country while driving that brings some challenges....
Volvo FH Globetrotter XL 750HP 6X2/4 Midlift

Map coverage: 44,78%
Truck driven distance: 12275 Km
Overall driven distance: 879873 Km
Driven distance during jobs:548030 Km
HQ garage : Nice , France
Trips completed : 450

martinusK

01 Apr 2016 14:20

This is ofcourse a minor detail, but:
Where's the snow from the roads gone? Logically there should be snow piles on the sides of the roads, as it appears to have been cleared by a snowplow. :)

Vestfirðir looks amazing. 10/10! :lol:
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

OlavEmil
Donation rank:

02 Apr 2016 10:01

Awesome :D .

Martinus Kundla: As I remember it from our winter road trip on Iceland a few years ago, there really isn't that much snow in coastal Iceland, and the snow that is there usually blows away, rather than being plowed, making very little snow piles ;) .

One problem I have with Iceland as it is in Promods 2.01, is the snow physics. In stead of being slippery, it seems like driving in quick sand. It is absolutely impossible to keep speed up, I have to drive in gear 7, barely doing 40km/h with my 470hp. That is not realistic in any way, in real life I would still have no problem maintaining 90 if the road is flat and straight, even with snow and ice covering the tarmac (or gravel, in this case).

Is that planned to be fixed?

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information