Cities: Skylines discussion

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
MYE2001

30 Jul 2015 12:19

It`s like this: I have a loop in my city connected to the rails coming from boundaries.It was a loop,and I thought that I can make a train route via these rails.So I added these passenger stations.But,trains coming from outside of the city ruined everything.I can`t divide the passenger route,it will use lots of land.Isn`t there a way to disable these trains?

martinusK

30 Jul 2015 15:34

I say you sacrifice land for the sake of good rail traffic....besides, how much land can it possibly take? :roll:
Also, how many passenger stations do you have? Don't jam them together too much - instead, use one or two stations in your city and then use metro, bus or railways that aren't connected to the main loop (innercity) ;)
Thing is, the AI cities will start sending separate trains to each station, rather than sending one to go through all stations..... :(
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Rocar 512E

30 Jul 2015 17:30

You could use suburban S bahn like in munchen.

MYE2001

31 Jul 2015 07:26

Martinus Kundla wrote:I say you sacrifice land for the sake of good rail traffic....besides, how much land can it possibly take? :roll:
Also, how many passenger stations do you have? Don't jam them together too much - instead, use one or two stations in your city and then use metro, bus or railways that aren't connected to the main loop (innercity) ;)
Thing is, the AI cities will start sending separate trains to each station, rather than sending one to go through all stations..... :(
Thanks for your reply.I disconnected my main passenger railway from railway coming from the boundry.So there are no passenger trains coming from without the city.I will build a few passenger train stations in order to let tourists enter the city via train.

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

31 Jul 2015 07:36

Ahh never thought of that
Good move
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

martinusK

03 Aug 2015 08:19

Tere!
So i stopped being a bad person and bought the game (i have never waited for a sale so bad in my life). However, as i've heard, mods disable achievements. Do maps also disable them aka are they counted as mods? :)
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Rocar 512E

03 Aug 2015 19:42

Hello, i also have a problem: I try to build new housing districts but they don't want! What can i do?

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

03 Aug 2015 21:28

You need to have a balanced area and electricity, water and sewers
Start small

martinusK

04 Aug 2015 08:32

Check the bars in the bottom of the screen - housing is the green one. Housing needs increase when you build new industry or there is simply no living space left.
Also check for land value - if it's poor, make sure you increase it - leisure, public services (schools, medical, police, fire coverage), perhaps even add a public transport line.

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

04 Aug 2015 09:26

Parks, playgrounds, monuments are also important
Keep a distance to industries, polution is more widespread than you might think

[EDIT] Graveyards and crematoriums also improves land value

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information