Job generator

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
getrixx
Donation rank:

27 Jan 2015 22:49

Today I was wondering if something like a "job generator" exists or would even be possible
I give you an example. I arrived in Lyon from LeMans and wanted to go on in France.
Instead I only got jobs >1500km to Russia or Scandinavia.
Same when I'm driving in GB. I get freight to GB and afterwards no "national" job within the country.
Only loads where I take the ferry and land in Norway or Netherlands.
(That's the reason why most parts of GB are unexplored by me.) :roll:

Since it is a "simulator', I like the idea of "simulating" fixed routes. For example Antwerpen - Milano and back the other day.

So basically a tool where you can set some parameters, like destination, load, and available time.
Because I don't have a clue how these jobs are generated in-game I ask you here in the forum.
Maybe other players find it useful or maybe I'm just plain stupid. :mrgreen: ;)

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

28 Jan 2015 00:58

I see what you're getting at; interesting idea. Maybe a developer could comment on the feasability of a program which would insert a specific job into the economy.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

28 Jan 2015 03:10

Currently, the more "Long Distance" you have "earned," the longer distance jobs offered. Unfortunately, "shorter jobs" are no longer offered.

There is no good reason why SCS should so limit job offers this way! They need to remove the lower distance restrictions and open up all jobs up to the maximum "Long Distance Level" you've earned.
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Aussie Trucker

28 Jan 2015 05:06

n4gix.bill.leaming wrote:Currently, the more "Long Distance" you have "earned," the longer distance jobs offered. Unfortunately, "shorter jobs" are no longer offered.
That's not entirely true is it? I'm sure I get offered both short and long jobs every time. I'm level 75 (or something) and this morning after doing Carlisle to Venezia I got a run from Venezia to Parma. From there I went to Glasgow and now I'm on my way back to Venezia. I have got Jazzy's trailer pack mod installed but I'm sure I was getting less than 500k runs before that was installed.

stummer
Donation rank:

28 Jan 2015 11:26

I second that - I get all sort of distances on job offers.

But it depends on the "size" of your current town: I noticed that on small towns (with less companies) you often get all job offers within the same distance range (short/middle/long). But in bigger cities (with more companies) I usually get a good mixture of all distances and destinations.

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

28 Jan 2015 12:45

Search for jobs in cities nearby, problem solved
NB! You can sort the joblist after shortest distance ascending
Miy is usually best price per distance ;-)
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

28 Jan 2015 21:11

plykkegaard wrote:Search for jobs in cities nearby, problem solved
NB! You can sort the joblist after shortest distance ascending
Miy is usually best price per distance ;-)
I'm a bit anal retentive about things, and don't just take random jobs and starting cities. If I'm in Glasgow, then I will only take jobs from Glasgow to somewhere else.

What I'm describing only applies if you have all of the Long Distance skills applied. Under these conditions I almost never see job offers under 400km distance. I should be offered every job from the very shortest, which may only be from Glasgow to Glasgow, up the the maximum distance.

Instead, I only see jobs between 400km and 2,000km.
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Aussie Trucker

28 Jan 2015 23:23

n4gix.bill.leaming wrote: I'm a bit anal retentive about things, and don't just take random jobs and starting cities. If I'm in Glasgow, then I will only take jobs from Glasgow to somewhere else.

What I'm describing only applies if you have all of the Long Distance skills applied. Under these conditions I almost never see job offers under 400km distance. I should be offered every job from the very shortest, which may only be from Glasgow to Glasgow, up the the maximum distance.

Instead, I only see jobs between 400km and 2,000km.
I do the same thing, I don't travel from city to city empty just to pick up a load and I still see a variety of loads from 3000km runs to the round the corner runs that don't see me leaving the city I am in.

getrixx
Donation rank:

13 Mar 2016 16:58

I know I'm digging in old threads, but I have a very good reason.
Looks like there is now a mod which does exactly what I wanted.

Virtual Speditor Program
http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=199114

As I am currently on the roads of Rusmap I only tried a small trip from Orel - Kursk - Voronezh - Moscow.
For the moment it looks like there is a small bug because I got paid >100.000€ for one small trip.
Maybe it's because of Rusmap, I will see when I am back on Promods roads.
For the rest it works how it should!
Last edited by plykkegaard on 13 Mar 2016 18:52, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed extra space in url

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

13 Mar 2016 18:55

Looks cool ;-)
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information