mbman212's truck reviews & review requests

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
mbman212
Donation rank:

24 Nov 2014 12:08

Hi everyone!

Apart from driving in my main 1.14 profile, I decided to make another 1.14 profile for mod reviews & review requests.

All requested truck/trailer mods are made together with ProMods map, but the only thing is, I take screenshots only in Truck Customization mode.

I already have two truck mods tested, so let's get into business :) Also, I used my low-end graphics, sorry for that.

Review request list:
- Sunday December 7th: Volvo VNL (by Marcin D)

MERCEDES-BENZ ANTOS 1840

Since I'm big fan of Mercedes, I wanted to test out some of the new truck models Mercedes has made, this is the new Antos, it's going to replace Atego at some point, but I have seen that Mercedes has "reworked" Atego, so it's not going to happen soon.

This is the basic Antos

The interior just looks awesome, the scorpion in the middle turns as you turn steering wheel, and when you switch the electric on, the screen on the dashboard tilts, which I found very cool and interesting feature.

Here's pretty much every tuning option that were available for Antos.

The driving and handling was the usual what Mercedes has, no sluggish steering, accelerates very well even with 30 tonne Jazzycat trailer. Brakes were absolutely better than expected and the overall "experience" was very realistic.

The other truck I tested out comes from other side of Atlantic Ocean.

KENWORTH W900B LONG EDITION

This is a truck not designed for European narrow roads due to its length, though it was still able to turn on 1/1 road junctions. As you can see from the image below, it has enormous amount of lights on both sides of the cabin.

The 600 bhp Caterpillar engine was very powerful (it was even better with the sound mod included) together with an 18 speed gearbox. Brakes were just fine, didn't stop as quick as wanted, but still they were good.

The interior look awesome, you can put the camera inside the sleeping area and the view from there is great.

Handling was great, it didn't pulled right or left, the horn was really loud so as the engine brake.

This truck had even less tuning options than the Antos. The only modifications were front bumbper, LED cabin side lights, in total of 6 auxiliary light places, wheels, AC unit on the roof and rear wheel fenders.

Please feel free to leave a comment, also you can write a request of what truck/trailer mods you want me to review ;)
Last edited by mbman212 on 04 Dec 2014 21:53, edited 4 times in total.
#8 Forum Spammer

ETS2 v1.38.1.15, ProMods 2.5x, DLC content

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

24 Nov 2014 18:14

Good reviews, you stole my idea though ;).

mbman212
Donation rank:

24 Nov 2014 18:31

uk_daf_fan wrote:Good reviews, you stole my idea though ;).
Sorry, co-boss. The idea just came into my mind, though I'm not reviewing as large as you, just little, I ain't a storyman (except in my screenshot topic) :lol:

Here's the one more truck I've just memorized by taking screenshots. It also comes from other side of the Atlantic Ocean.

PETERBILT 379

This truck didn't drop my fps as low as the Kenworth.

This truck is very nice looking, even it's basic form.

The interior was more clear than Kenworth's but still it has some things that you recognize it's American Truck.

I also did little tuning on the truck, it had already Eaton Fuller 16 speed gearbox, but it also needed big engine on the front, why not to put 600 bhp CAT engine there. Also, I put tool boxes on both sides behind the cabin and huge airhorns, which never worked. And I changed roof stripe into chrome and putted a chrome wind deflector.

The truck had even less tuning options than Kenworth, but it had less length, so it was able to turn on pretty tight curves and fits quite well on ETS2 roads.
#8 Forum Spammer

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

rudenkov vladimir

25 Nov 2014 09:36

Super Trucks
ProMods - (senior) Beta tester.

03 Oct 2013

mbman212
Donation rank:

25 Nov 2014 10:29

Thank you! More review(s) will be made if you request me to do a revie of particular mod (please note that it needs to be compatible with game version 1.14)
#8 Forum Spammer

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

Marcin D
Donation rank:

04 Dec 2014 21:32

Can you review the Volvo VNL mod. It works on promods and 1.14.

Its recomended to use kreichbaum improvement and sound mod for VNL.

Both mods are on ets2.lt
I reject your reality and replace it with my own :)

mbman212
Donation rank:

05 Dec 2014 02:02

Marcin D wrote:Can you review the Volvo VNL mod. It works on promods and 1.14.

Its recomended to use kreichbaum improvement and sound mod for VNL.

Both mods are on ets2.lt
Review coming out this weeks Sunday. I'm busy currently since I'm doing paintjobs that you can request me to do (allowed for anyone who wants a paintjob.)
#8 Forum Spammer

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

Marcin D
Donation rank:

05 Dec 2014 13:09

Thank you very much :) Sadly that Volvo isnt skinable so i wont get a skin for it anywhere
I reject your reality and replace it with my own :)

mbman212
Donation rank:

05 Dec 2014 14:08

Marcin D wrote:Thank you very much :) Sadly that Volvo isnt skinable so i wont get a skin for it anywhere
It is possible if I could get a template for it from somewhere...
#8 Forum Spammer

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

mbman212
Donation rank:

07 Dec 2014 04:24

As requested (thank you Marcin D for your interesting request) here are 4 new truck reviews I'd like to share with you!

MERCEDES-BENZ 1519

This was the most interesting truck I've ever found! It's made between 1980 and 1990 and it didn't had much power, though it's engines still has common name, OM, as being engine of Mercedes-Benz.

The interior was very nice and old-looking, no extra electrical things jumping around or beeping devices, unlike these days' trucks. The view through windshield was very nice and large.

The look from outside was gorgeous, I just love the way it looks, there wasn't much configuration options except few things which made the truck look cool.

Of course I had to take heavy load to see, it the 380 horsepower OM-diesel engine tough and it was, though it had only 1900 N-m of torque but still, it was power enough to haul 22 tonne Dry Milk load.

If here any fans of Mercedes-Benz or old truck(s), I can recommend this truck to be driven, it was awesome.
If I have to rate this, it will be way over 10. For me, i'll be 1 million out of 10 :D

Next reviewed mod is something different.

MERCEDES-BENZ TOURISMO

Yes, I reviewed shortly Mercedes Tourismo bus.

The bus was so big, it was hard to get a good shot of it and apparently it caused my game to crash, that's why this review is short.

This was maybe little too big for the roads on ProMods map but I were a good driver and managed to sway it around every turn where I was driving. And it had rear wheel steering so it had smaller turning radius whch made the turning easier. Engine was 598hp BlueTec5 which is biggest what you'll get for Actros MP3 (in-game).

The interior looked nice and there and the view from windshield was pretty good, I had no trouble accelerating or braking, everything was enormously excellent, and that's what you can expect from Mercedes.

The third (3rd) was a truck, which is headquartered in Göteborg (Gothenburg).

VOLVO F10

This was interesting mod too, no game crashes this time, which was good but there are few "improvements" that needs to be done for this truck. (no screenies unfortunately)

Firstly with 18 speed gearbox, the ratio's were ridiculously low that I had to keep pushing bigger gear in trying to keep revs at green area (rev gauge needle at red all the time), but with 1000 horsepower, you can expect it can pull 30 tonne loads without problems and it did. The brakes were the biggest problem. To be honest, there were absolutely no brakes. I tried to stop it, but without success, brake lights though work but the brakes itself aren't, from 120km/h speed, you have to start braking (in-game distance) at least 20+km before traffic lights/intersections.

The interior was very nice, quite dirty IMO, but being a 80's Volvo, it was good, but it didn't filled my expectations.

And the last truck, requested by Marcin D,
VOLVO VNL780

No much tuning options, but IMO this doesn't need any, it looks awesome without them!

For being a truck mostly used in USA, you have to be clever to maneuver this Beast on European roads.

Interior looks pretty decent, it haven't changed a lot but it still has some things that you recognize it's Volvo, but as I will say, American trucks are "5 star luxury hotels on wheels" since they looks way much better than European ones, except Scania T Longline ;)
#8 Forum Spammer

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information