How to get the pathfinder achievement with ProMods enabled.

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

30 Oct 2014 23:00

Remember how I was skeptical about whether this acchievement was doable at all, even on the vanilla map? -well, I was sort of right, but there is a way. Allow me to explain.

Earlier this week I had finished exploring the vanilla map + ProMods + Poland Rebuilding. For me that involved purposely driving certain B-roads which I avoid doing in my regular gameplay (A483, e.g.). As I expected the exploration counter capped just under 100% (99,88%), so I thought: "Oh well, once Multiplayer sorts itself out, I'll try getting 100% on the vanilla map that way." and went back to regular driving.

By coincidence, my first regular job ended at the Scania Demo Centre and, on a whim, I decided to see if I couldn't somehow get onto the off-road track I could see from the asphalt track. That didn't prove possible (invisible walls), so I teleported there and drove around it. As I switched to the map to plan my next trip, I noticed driving this scenery road had registered as "exploration", the counter was now at 99,94%. You can see where I planned to go with this, but I had to pause for dinner. :mrgreen:

There is a snag however, because when I restarted the game the counter had reset to 99,88%, so it appears this kind of exploration is session specific. Even stranger, driving the dirt loop again didn't register as exploration this time. I started to think I was imagining things, but I found a bit of scenery road near Stockholm which did. Then I drove the "no trucks allowed"-road near Lorient; it registered as well. I then teleported to Aberdeen, because I know there's a scenery road which passes over the road down to the M90, drove that and a few stray ends of scenery road in Glasgow and the acchievement triggered.
I'm alt-tabbed out of the game to write this, but I'll get a screenshot of my map screen now and verify whether the couter resets again if I quit the game.

So, I don't know whether this is a bug (or a feature to make 100% exploration feasable), but using the developer console/camera teleport trick, it is possible to drive scenery roads and, the first time you do, it will count as exploration, but apparently only for that session. Thus allowing one to add to one's regular driving efforts and get the acchievement.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

CaptainFlint

31 Oct 2014 10:21

Nice discovery. Actually, I managed to reach 99,99% on ETS 1.13 with ProMods 1.71 — some inaccessible but mapped road parts had to be explored by teleporting, but still there are roads that I could not highlight even with teleport (customs near Oslo, resting place to the east of Tours, adjacent road to CaptaineCook at Brest, several stand-alone power plants along the road). Of course, sometimes I did travel those roads that are not displayed on the map but implemented in the game, but I didn't think to look at the exploration percent. :)

BTW, the achievement can be… well, achieved :) by temporarily turning off ProMods and exploring the remainig bits and pieces on the original ETS map (that's how I got it; I was afraid the game would crash when loading ProMods save without ProMods, but it only issued some warnings and allowed me to play). What's interesting, 100% does not mean that absolutely all bits of the road must be highlighted. There's probably some rounding of the number, or SCS just decided to make it simpler to achieve, because when I received the number 100% over the map and got the achievement in Steam, there still remained one small bit of the road I did not cover, and also many cities contained some unhighlighted company areas (mostly, SellPlan), though I'm not sure if they count.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

28 Jan 2015 17:09

Confirmed that it is possible to get the Pathfinder-achievement in ETS2 1.15.1.1s + Going East! DLC + Promods 1.83.

I got up to 99.97% by normal driving. But with the tips from Jan I managed to get 100.00% :D
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

DaStig

28 Jan 2015 19:49

Hey Jan,

Maybe a little bit off topic, but what is the 'vanilla map'? Is this an extra map you can install together with promods?

Greetings

DaStig
Running ETS2 - DLC Going East & Scandinavia v1.24 - ProMods 2.03
Flickr Photostream :: ProMods blog :: W.O.T. Profile

jontsuba
Donation rank:

28 Jan 2015 19:56

It just means the standard ETS2 map, without mods nor DLCs.

DaStig

28 Jan 2015 21:46

jontsuba wrote:It just means the standard ETS2 map, without mods nor DLCs.
OK, thanx for the explanation...
Running ETS2 - DLC Going East & Scandinavia v1.24 - ProMods 2.03
Flickr Photostream :: ProMods blog :: W.O.T. Profile

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information