Taxis in ETS2?

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
PirriAND

26 Sep 2016 12:33

So i was wondering, ¿Why isn't there any Taxi car mod for ETS2? I mean, yes, we have AI taxi mods that drive around the map, but, i was wondering how about a Taxi Mod that you can drive yourself?

Puncake
Donation rank:

26 Sep 2016 18:25

What real purpose would there be for you to drive yourself? The game's a truck game, and if someone made a passenger type mod for the taxi it wouldn't work very good

PirriAND

26 Sep 2016 19:55

Puncake wrote:What real purpose would there be for you to drive yourself? The game's a truck game, and if someone made a passenger type mod for the taxi it wouldn't work very good
What's the point? Well... How about a more realistic experience when playing? I don't need a "passengers mod", I can use my imagination for that.

martinusK

27 Sep 2016 16:05

Why don't you make one then? I never understand these posts "oh why don't we have this or that"... :roll:
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

ETS2-User
Developer

27 Sep 2016 17:17

How about a regular car mod? Why would it have to be a Taxi when it isn't about passengers for you? Why not just make a skin yourself then?
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Vøytek
Developer

27 Sep 2016 17:21

I think he wants a taxi to pickup passengers actually. But it doesn't make sense in this game. Cities are really small. You should have fun as taxi driver in GTA V ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

PirriAND

27 Sep 2016 17:35

Martinus Kundla wrote:Why don't you make one then? I never understand these posts "oh why don't we have this or that"... :roll:
Beacause i suck at making things in Blender. Also, I might have missed a Taxi mod that you know of, and you could have shown me. But i see that's not the case with you.
Zniwek wrote:I think he wants a taxi to pickup passengers actually. But it doesn't make sense in this game. Cities are really small. You should have fun as taxi driver in GTA V ;)
Not all taxis drive customers to the airport and around the city only. Here are two main examples of very popular taxi fares from my country.

Also, i don't want the passenger's mod. I am more interested in the taxi itself. I could make a SKIN for any car, but i would still miss the taxi lights on the roof

Vøytek
Developer

27 Sep 2016 18:15

Well, 5 years ago we were driving to Croatia and one of our cars broke down near Graz in Austria. My uncle, aunt and cousin were taken by Austrian taxi driver, 550km to our destination :D
https://www.google.pl/maps/dir/Graz,+Au ... !3e0?hl=pl
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

ETS2-User
Developer

27 Sep 2016 20:36

So at a regular Austrian taxi price rate you paid 1100€ ? :shock: I was a taxi driver for 6 weeks and the price rate is 2€/km (except if you return immediately so the driver doesn't have to wait longer than 20min)
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Vøytek
Developer

27 Sep 2016 20:43

Nope. It was covered by insurance of course.
They had choice - stay there 3 days in hotel (it was old Honda. Repairing it took 2 weeks! They got it back when we were driving back home...) or take a taxi to destination place. They didn't know how long it'll take so they decided not to stay there. We had 5 cars, so no problem when driving somewhere in Croatia. But we didn't wait for them on that Autobahn, because we didn't know what's wrong with that car.
They arrived late at night and offered that taxi driver a stay in their apartment but he said he'll drive back home. Crazy man but for such money... ;)
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information