[General] Mod doesn't work - ENABLE IN PROFILE

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
dennisfriden
Donation rank:

08 Aug 2013 20:41

I cant seem to get the mod going. Is it really as simple as just extracting the containts of the .rar to ---> My documents - Eurotrucksimulator2 - Mod? Cause I've reinstalled the game, deleted the "eurotrucksimulator2" file in documents, started a new career, and so on, and nothing seems to work. The game overall runs great, just that the mod wont show in game. I cant spot it on the world map, it's not there if i try driving to it, Nothing! Im getting quite frustrated, please help me.

Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

08 Aug 2013 22:11

Start the game, when you have to select your profile, click on "Edit" and select the files of the mod on the right-side of the screen...
Company: David Kiesch International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL
Numberplate: CJ 21 WLX

Jake90087

25 Aug 2013 20:13

Hello all,

So, I have downloaded the Mod and installed it correctly (making sure no others are installed) and upon launching the game I can only use the mod on a new profile. When using my old profile (Have had the profile since launch) the mod does not work. Is there something I am missing, like having to enable it? I did this in the new profile and all works fine.

Thanks in advance,

Jake.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

25 Aug 2013 20:17

If the old profile had another map mod it could cause problems.
If the old profile had no other map mods than you need to activate it and the truck will be driven back to the home garage without any costs.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Jake90087

25 Aug 2013 20:19

Right, my profile has no older map mods, but different ones. How do I activate it? Thanks for the reply!

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

25 Aug 2013 20:24

Alright if you want to activate it you click on edit when ETS2 starts (so in the profile selection menu)

There is a list of mods. Overthere you need to tick and untick the ones you want to use/not use.

Jake90087

25 Aug 2013 20:26

Enabled the mod and works brilliantly. Taking a load over to Finland now to expand my empire! 22 Garages isn't enough. ;) Thanks Very much Nico, I appreciate it.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

25 Aug 2013 20:30

No probs. Glad I could help. Enjoy it :D

Spooky

31 Aug 2013 10:36

I too fell down this trap. Initially I thought there was a problem with my computer Image but then I stumbled upon this topic. It maybe worth adding this step to the instructions???

BTW, from what I've seen so far, this is a brilliant mod, so Cheers! Image

RollsReus

31 Aug 2013 16:33

Hi.
I can't get the map mod to work. I just downloaded 1.01 version and my ETS 2 is the Steam-version. I just installed it so it's updated.
I extracted the rar-file and pasted all the files into the mod-folder.
When I enter ingame the countries are still greyed out. I even tried to make a new account and it didn't help.
Also, I've got no other mods.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information