United Kingdom

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Pizzano
Donation rank:

09 Oct 2015 09:58

Doing that would require some changes to ai traffic. I think only SCS is capable of doing that.

AssassinLV
Donation rank:

09 Oct 2015 23:19

Pizzano wrote:Doing that would require some changes to ai traffic. I think only SCS is capable of doing that.
Actually I would be happy enough even if they would make it traffic-less... But I was thinking more about may when we drive these roads we don't get penalty for driving opposite the traffic...
Mom says to son.
Hey son - can you go to the shop and buy the milk, if they have eggs - buy six.
Sure.
Son goes to the shop and buys six packs of milk and goes back home.
Why did you buy six packs of milk?
Because - they had eggs. And you told me to buy six - if they had eggs.

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

09 Oct 2015 23:37

mbman212 wrote:I'd like to give a shot of rebuilding UK since everyone wants it and it' has been pretty much the same when SCS copied it from UKTS to ETS2...

But first I still need to learn editing signs and that stuff.
If you need help with this map project I am also interested in editing parts of UK :)
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

11 Oct 2015 15:15

AssassinLV wrote:A question about UK (Especially Scotland) Will you make (and is it possible) to make the famous - mono-line roads? - Well I meant those roads where if two cars go opposite direction - one will be forced to go backwards till the closest overtake point...
Interesting idea... I have indeed seen a few trucks on single track roads so they could be made for delivery points et cetera.

I have a few ideas already of how I can help the team with UK style roads ;).

AlexanderPope
Donation rank:

11 Oct 2015 23:43

Andy_GTI wrote:If you're considering a true 'rebuild' of the UK, I wonder if its worth rebuilding it in the same scale as the rest of the map? I know that means less space to fit things in, but its definitely noticeable when you cross back to the UK, how much longer it takes to do the same distance as the rest of the map.
This comment got lost in the discussion, which is a shame, because I think it brings up a really important point. Having the UK randomly be much bigger than the rest of Europe is bizarre and ruins immersion. Since SCS UK would pretty much need a complete and utter overhaul... would it really be that difficult to actually rebuild from scratch on scale? I know that would mean that northern Scotland would need some condensing, but that is a small price to pay to fix this lingering nuisance.

Although I understand trying to fit everything in is hard, and then people are always asking for more and more cities, so having that extra distance might instead be a huge asset. It's up to you guys of course. I'd merely be interested in knowing where you guys stand on the issue.
Heaven from all creatures hides the book of Fate,
All but the page prescribed, their present state:
From brutes what men, from men what spirits know:
Or who could suffer being here below?

ScuL
Founder

12 Oct 2015 08:41

London / M25 would be problematic in 1:19, certainly no room for the Dartford crossing then
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

14 Oct 2015 04:15

Yeah London is the biggest city in western europe, so technically it should be the biggest city in ETS2
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

omer584

19 Oct 2015 17:26

Hello guys,

So 2.0 is coming soon and I watched Squirrel's stream so I have a question:

A brand new England map will be created?

LoaderSaints

19 Oct 2015 17:33

Unfortunately, no.

ETS2-User
Developer

19 Oct 2015 17:58

Not yet. Let us finish Germany first. ;)
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information