Promods with RusMap in future

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
florian.mooijaart

03 Aug 2015 22:26

Hi guys, first of all, I LOVE YOUR MAP! Thanks for that!

But i wanna ask something, because I use Promods with Poland Rebuilding and Rusmap, and now i can't go from Belarus to Poland.
You guys are working together now with Poland Rebuilding so that will be integrated, but will rusmap still be compatible (or will you add them to the team too)?

I personally think that it's a good idea to work together, maybe they improve their rusmap more detailed, make more russia so we can go in let's say Promods V2.3 from Lisboa to Nizhniy Novgorod (what is good for I think atleast 5000 real KM)

Think about it ^^

GOOD WORK GUYS

Panda

Horizon™
Developer

03 Aug 2015 23:50

Hey mister,

Poland Rebuilding Project is merging with ProMods, but RusMap don't. ..they'll have a close connection with our projects, so people can enjoy these 3 huge maps without a problem...

I'm pretty sure, what RusMap author will rebuild older areas and use more custom interchanges.

..and thinking logically, in the 2.3v , the Portugal still will not appear, because looking in the realdeal's progress for 2.0 - 2 Spanish cities and Andorra.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

jspence73

04 Aug 2015 08:55

Brazil is Compatible With Promods But You wont be able to See the map of Brazil so if you Enable EAA brazil Promods And Poland Rebuilding You Get Hours of Driving through cities of Ets2 :)
When map mods come into mind ProMods is always the Number 1 map mod of Ets2 :)

Been enjoying promods since 1.95 :)

Just became a Beta Tester for the C2C Map since v2.2 on ATS

florian.mooijaart

04 Aug 2015 09:01

DeusHorizon wrote:Hey mister,

Poland Rebuilding Project is merging with ProMods, but RusMap don't. ..they'll have a close connection with our projects, so people can enjoy these 3 huge maps without a problem...

I'm pretty sure, what RusMap author will rebuild older areas and use more custom interchanges.

..and thinking logically, in the 2.3v , the Portugal still will not appear, because looking in the realdeal's progress for 2.0 - 2 Spanish cities and Andorra.
I know that Rusmap isn't merged into Promods, I just thought, what if, like maybe in half a year or something. Like they have a lot of cities to drive through and so does Promods, so like one huge ass map.

And about the custom interchanges, is that really a problem like, do they need to use Promods? But yeah I'm an noob in map editing so idk haha

jspence73

04 Aug 2015 09:03

Well the Thing is If you have Promods and Poland Rebuilding With the Rus map you will need a Hotfix to Fix Rus Map and Poland Rebuilding But mabey Rus map Could put in a Few Ferry ports for ProMods
When map mods come into mind ProMods is always the Number 1 map mod of Ets2 :)

Been enjoying promods since 1.95 :)

Just became a Beta Tester for the C2C Map since v2.2 on ATS

realdeal350
Developer

04 Aug 2015 09:18

DeusHorizon wrote:..and thinking logically, in the 2.3v , the Portugal still will not appear, because looking in the realdeal's progress for 2.0 - 2 Spanish cities and Andorra.
Thats just 2.0 ;) In 2.1 im hoping to add Zaragoza :)
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

LA-MJ
Donation rank:

04 Aug 2015 10:42

Personally I'm against including rusmap in Promods. The archive will already be unwieldy with PR in 2.0. Including rusmap would be an overkill both size-wise (as in gigabytes) and resource-wise (my underpowered rig will probably not handle it).

Furthermore, the author(s) of rusmap is/are? not very international-minded and hard to get hold of (AFAIK).

And most importantly there are a lot of issues with the Russmap archive, especially in OpenGL mode which is the only possibility for OS X and Linux gamers (again, me personally).

volan123
Donation rank:

04 Aug 2015 10:53

Indeed, Rusmap should stay as addon only.
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

Sir_Tramalot

04 Aug 2015 12:10

Plus, Poland Rebuilding required ProMods to work. RusMap can be used with ProMods, TSM, Ms Heavy Alex Europe map, ect. It would not be wise to cut off support to all of these other maps to just combine with ProMods.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information