DLC Scandinavia

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
rarespetrosanu

30 Jan 2015 21:08

I don't understand why the release of this DLC is takin' so long? March-April the release - damn they are so weird IMO
They should work with a bigger team to finish it quickly
ATS is weak in my opinion so they should concentrate on this DLC ;) , Europe is better

LoaderSaints

30 Jan 2015 21:30

They don't have the money it takes to have a bigger team. Employees cost you know. ;) And for me the release window seems pretty reasonable.
Here are some videos that you should check out:

These videos contain loads of information about SCS's projects. ;)

rarespetrosanu

30 Jan 2015 21:35

I know them , I saw them , Their work is very good but kind of lazy to build it so slow ....too slow IMO

LoaderSaints

30 Jan 2015 21:41

In one of the videos Squirrel asks one of the mappers how many people are working on the map and the guy answered 5 to 10 people at a time. So basically there have been only 5 to 10 people making the map at a time. Making a detailed map takes time. Also the reason why it seems to take so long is testing. Game developers can not publish content as fast as modders because they have to make sure the new content works flawlessly with the already existing one.
We just have to be patient and wait. We shouldn't mock SCS, instead we should support and cheer them. ;)

Ostpuff
Developer

30 Jan 2015 21:59

rarespetrosanu wrote:I know them , I saw them , Their work is very good but kind of lazy to build it so slow ....too slow IMO
As said earlier, they are working as fast as they can, and just think that the more time the DLC takes, the more and better content we'll get. Remember, SCS is not a big company by any means.

So please just be patient, you complaining here will not change the fact that the DLC will be done when it's done, just like the next version of ProMods which the devs here continuously need to remind everyone about.
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

30 Jan 2015 22:54

rarespetrosanu wrote:I don't understand why the release of this DLC is takin' so long? March-April the release - damn they are so weird IMO
They should work with a bigger team to finish it quickly
ATS is weak in my opinion so they should concentrate on this DLC ;) , Europe is better
That's what I was saying. I'm sure SCS have got a big team working on it but on the other hand I have seen them more efficient before. Honestly though if you look at the shots from the video with the DLC that LoaderSaints added to his post, it's not what you call: a minute's work, is it?
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

30 Jan 2015 23:15

Those tunnels and roundabouts are way beyond
Takes both talent and hard work

Is it prefabs and tunnel sections or some new type of model we haven't seen before? If it is then the render engine, editor and the lot that's has to be changed - tons of work and testing on a lot of different hardware combinations

Nobody wants to see a half done kind of EA release, no indeed
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

Wolfpig
Donation rank:

30 Jan 2015 23:34

LoaderSaints wrote:In one of the videos Squirrel asks one of the mappers how many people are working on the map and the guy answered 5 to 10 people at a time. So basically there have been only 5 to 10 people making the map at a time. Making a detailed map takes time. Also the reason why it seems to take so long is testing. Game developers can not publish content as fast as modders because they have to make sure the new content works flawlessly with the already existing one.
We just have to be patient and wait. We shouldn't mock SCS, instead we should support and cheer them. ;)
That is true.
And one should keep in mind that the engine (or stuff in there) get constantly changed, so that they have to retest the stuff to see if it still works with it....like with the mac release of the game which took them longer as expected for that reason (as written in the blogpost for the mac release).

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

31 Jan 2015 00:37

Saw the video again
We are getting waterfalls in Norway :D
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

31 Jan 2015 10:32

plykkegaard wrote:Saw the video again
We are getting waterfalls in Norway :D
WATERFALLS?? SWEEEEEEEET! (Jeremy Clarkson style)
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information