----- Queston to Developers -----

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
gippermand

22 Oct 2014 02:25

Hello to all Developers - and people there knows this !

I have some queston or we have, and hope that, what we ask for nor is a secret …?

How do we put a maps to edit in 1:3 AND call it Denmark and not Europe so we can make road of that maps.

We tried modding many other games, but this one ... ... it's really something special.
What we need for now is a guide to make our own background-picture without using the standard europe_bgn.dds!!

We made a dds - 9000 x 9000 px, and it seems to works fine, if we put it on top the europe.dds.
But our map is named denmark.mbd, so how do we get these fit together.
If we open the Editor using 'edit europe' the background-picture shows up allright.
But using 'edit denmark' - for editing our own map - no background.

We are looked inside def/editor_data.sii, but some of the variables make no sense to us.

map_import_offset: (-43402, 0, -28089) ???
bcg_size_x[]: 207656 ???
bcg_size_y[]: 174375 ???
bcg_offset_x[]: 10500 ???
bcg_offset_y[]: -7090 ???

- 'bcg_size_x[]' and 'bcg_size_y[]' - is that the size of the map or the background-picture ??
- While my dds is 9000 x 9000 px, should I then change it to:
bcg_size_x[]: 9000, bcg_size_y[]: 9000 ??

- And is there a upper limit for the map-size ??

We know - a lot of questions.

So - how do we manage to load our own dds into the editor, without using the standard name 'europe_bgn.dds'
Our map is named 'denmark.mbd' so we would also like to call our dds - 'denmark.dds'

...... Also when we go inside edit and look for car, then we only find 1 car in some color, and 1 van in different color, and then 1 trailers in 3 compagny names and the white one.
But how do we get another car, trucks, trailers and buses to edititor, to use in map.

As we white, we dont hope that this is a secret....
Med Venlig Hilsen / Regards
Per

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

22 Oct 2014 04:04

I'm assuming this is an automatic translation gone very, very wrong. I'm hoping those who are fluent with editing in this game, can make some sort of sense of your post and help you.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

ETS2-User
Developer

22 Oct 2014 06:30

I don't know how to help with your definition problems, I never had to do that, but as for vehicles and models you can look for bluemodels, they're freely available.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

22 Oct 2014 07:48

Per:
The answer is in the details, start with small modifications and learn the basics before going big
Help/tutorials can be found using Google but be prepared for a steep learning curve
Historic the first games were modded using a hex editor this is almost easy compared ;-)
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

22 Oct 2014 08:22

gippermand wrote: ...... Also when we go inside edit and look for car, then we only find 1 car in some color, and 1 van in different color, and then 1 trailers in 3 compagny names and the white one.
But how do we get another car, trucks, trailers and buses to edititor, to use in map.
Add other models with the help of zmodeler. SCS just has those in the model base.
gippermand wrote: So - how do we manage to load our own dds into the editor, without using the standard name 'europe_bgn.dds'
Our map is named 'denmark.mbd' so we would also like to call our dds - 'denmark.dds'
Just call the file denmark.dds, create an denmark.mat and denmark.tobj file and edit the editor_data.sii with this:
bcg_map_name[]: "/map/europe.mbd"
bcg_material[]: "/material/editor/europe.mat"

INTO
bcg_map_name[]: "/map/denmark.mbd"
bcg_material[]: "/material/editor/denmark.mat"

Of course with your mbd file denmark.mbd

Easy thing to solve the size issues:
1. Paste your denmark.dds on the europe.dds and adjust so it fits right.
2. Look at the relation between the size numbers in the editor_data.sii and the pixel size of the europe.dds
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

gippermand

22 Oct 2014 08:55

Thanks to all - for answer me

> plykkegaard <
Yes i have seen by the web, and not find what im looking for.
Also yes Google is nice, BUT you can´t find all there, AND if you find something, you only get the half.
Per

> Jan Verschueren <
Yes i know that im not a English Speaker, and that im not write all okay.
First Im a old man, only talk Danish day after day, and not make anything by just do it in Danish.
I believe if this Forum was make in Danish like the main, that i cut say the same to many here.
I do what i can to make all right ?
Med Venlig Hilsen / Regards
Per

petronny

24 Oct 2014 22:03

Good evening!

I want to know if I'm allowed to use a Mod made ​​by me but this it does not work with Promod. This Mod is actually my own company and my own garage. How can I make it fit for Promod?

My Mod works perfectly with ETS2 and TSM, Hungary Map, MHA Map, Simone Map etc.
I changed lkwlog and nbfc.

I play and use for moment The Promod maps V1.7.1 + RusMap V. 1.3.5

I would be glad somebody can help me. Thank You!

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information