DLC Scandinavia

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
tkk7406
Add-on Developer

02 Sep 2014 15:33

I've read on the blog from SCS (http://blog.scssoft.com/2014/08/fancy-s ... shots.html) that they will be adding a Scandinavian DLC. I know this is a it early, but what will happen then? Will we have to reset our progress in Scandinavia? And what about all your hard work?
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

ScuL
Founder

02 Sep 2014 16:28

We answered this question many times already, we will merge our work with the official DLC
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

assassin.moki

03 Sep 2014 10:54

well i think promods will not work if I buy scandinavia official dlc

stummer
Donation rank:

03 Sep 2014 11:03

This has been answered in exact this topic several times: After the release of the "DLC Going North", we will adapt ProMods to work with the new DLC - in fact, the new DLC will be required to use ProMods!

martinusK

03 Sep 2014 13:27

stummer wrote:This has been answered in exact this topic several times: After the release of the "DLC Going North", we will adapt ProMods to work with the new DLC - in fact, the new DLC will be required to use ProMods!
It will be required? Why? That sucks.....
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

03 Sep 2014 13:32

ScuL wrote:We answered this question many times already, we will merge our work with the official DLC
OK then, thanks
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

03 Sep 2014 13:34

Martinus Kundla wrote:
stummer wrote:This has been answered in exact this topic several times: After the release of the "DLC Going North", we will adapt ProMods to work with the new DLC - in fact, the new DLC will be required to use ProMods!
That's because the SCS DLC Going North overlaps bigtime with Promods.

So Promods will have to connect thier roads to those of SCS. That's why..
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Purno
Donation rank:

03 Sep 2014 13:43

Martinus Kundla wrote:
The DLC Going North will probably include a lot of assets (models, etc) which we can use to impove ProMods.

People who don't own Going North can always use an older version of ProMods. The versions that work without DLC will work without DLC in future too.

ETS2-User
Developer

03 Sep 2014 13:46

Purno wrote: The DLC Going North will probably include a lot of assets (models, etc) which we can use to impove ProMods.
I found in the editor some models and prefabs in the cathegory dlc going north (why ever :?: ). Are there gonna come even more? :?
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

03 Sep 2014 13:56

I'm quite sure there will be more. If you look carefully, quite of these prefabs are unfinished both model-wise (missing markings, Z-fighting) and path-wise (missing paths). I think these will get updated in a later patch or with the DLC release...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information