"Missing out" on anything as an ETS newbie using ProMods?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Seriphyn

11 Dec 2016 08:33

Hello! New to ETS2 and ProMods! Everything is fab so far!

One thing that is "bothering" me (in the first world sense) is the fact that I barely got 10% into the game before picking up ProMods. When I saw that the vanilla expacs were advertised as having greater detail than the vanilla areas, I thought that was a bit naff and was drawn to ProMods.

If I understand rightly, ProMods seeks to enhance the vanilla world? Am I doing myself a disservice to the developers of the game by not enjoying their world first, or am I getting a solid experience by just playing ProMods? I know this is a rather obtuse issue, but curious as to your opinions on this! Not being able to find side-by-side comparisons made me wonder on this moreso.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

LoaderSaints

11 Dec 2016 09:32

I'd say you aren't missing out on anything if you just use ProMods because the oldest parts of the vanilla map look quite bad and predate the actual game. ;)

Vøytek
Developer

11 Dec 2016 13:56

Everything except Scandinavia and France is bad in vanilla map... Outdated, with low amount of assets, repeteable. With ProMods, many of those areas are upgraded ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Darkfizch
Donation rank:

11 Dec 2016 18:20

I'd say you should take 2-3 different trips in vanilla ETS2 and after that try Promods. You will be blown away by all the enhancements everywhere.

Callipso
Donation rank:

11 Dec 2016 21:26

Nothing to miss out on really, the vast portion of Europe is very bland, unrealistic and unimpressive in the vanilla map. lots of highways contain generic interchanges and most of the time you just pass through long stretches of nothing but farms or trees before you get to your destination. So I'd say your not missing out on anything worth knowing about.

ETS2-User
Developer

11 Dec 2016 21:52

Well if you look at Austria, Switzerland or The Netherlands for example they're not so badly made for their standard back then.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Seriphyn

13 Dec 2016 06:56

Wow, thanks for the responses! Looks like people understood where I was coming from, and I'm sold! Sticking with ProMods it is, and eagerly looking forward to the France DLC integration!

namelessclone

13 Dec 2016 19:46

Just be aware, that once you commit to the ProMods way, there is no going back. You simply won't be able to go back to the vanilla map. I don't mean technically, but rather psychologically.

Recently I decided to hunt for the one WoT achievement, the lack of which was bothering me, and as a result I had to make 5 trips through the vanilla map with External Contracts. It was painful.. :roll:

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information