[newb] How to get the most out of ETS2?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
neverfarts

24 Apr 2014 13:39

Hi all,
I am rather new to the game, but am totally taken by it. In-fact, I use my DIY racing seat and steering-wheel almost exclusivly for making deliveries around europe :) .
Now that I've found out about modding, I'd like to make the most out of ETS2.
Assuming I'll buy the Going East pack, which mods will give me a. the most roads, towns and deliveries? (I understand it is only possible to use one mod per save?) and b.how do I get the best graphics (have a gtx680 3gb, 8gb ram and an i5) for the game?
Is there something like ICEnhancer (gta4) for ETS2?

Thanks in advance for your help!

NF

Kookas
Donation rank:

24 Apr 2014 21:34

neverfarts wrote:Hi all,
I am rather new to the game, but am totally taken by it. In-fact, I use my DIY racing seat and steering-wheel almost exclusivly for making deliveries around europe :) .
Now that I've found out about modding, I'd like to make the most out of ETS2.
Assuming I'll buy the Going East pack, which mods will give me a. the most roads, towns and deliveries? (I understand it is only possible to use one mod per save?) and b.how do I get the best graphics (have a gtx680 3gb, 8gb ram and an i5) for the game?
Is there something like ICEnhancer (gta4) for ETS2?

Thanks in advance for your help!

NF
You can have as many mods as you want on a single save, as long as they don't conflict with each other - that includes map-mods. I'm not sure what you mean by which mod will give you the most roads/towns/deliveries, but the biggest map mods for ETS 2 are ProMods and also TSM, but those two aren't compatible, so you do have to choose either ProMods or TSM, not both.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

25 Apr 2014 09:10

A few suggestions:
- If you want just a big map, go for TSM, but be warned: it's more a quickly but poorly created map with not too many details and quite some copy-pasting. If you want to go for more detail, realism and challenge, then you should choose ProMods. This may require more power from your PC graphics card, but it does offer more unique places. The two mods overlap each other and cannot be used together.
- One mod I can definitely suggest is the Realistic Lighting Mod from Atak, which will improve your night scenes by a lot. However, this mod is not completely compatible with the latest ProMods version. For that, you will need this patch to fix that.

Best,
MandelSoft.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

b0r1s

25 Apr 2014 12:02

MandelSoft wrote:- One mod I can definitely suggest is the Realistic Lighting Mod from Atak, which will improve your night scenes by a lot. However, this mod is not completely compatible with the latest ProMods version. For that, you will need this patch to fix that.

Best,
MandelSoft.
OMG, thanks MandelSoft, this is so great. cities are now so beautiful at night. now I will drive a lot more at night instead of sleeping :).

@neverfarts:
ETS2 is the best truck simulation ever made, but with ProMods map its more than a game, so realistic with genuine roads, cities and landmarks. I used TSM for a few days. true, they cover a lot of area but its worse than original ETS, they ruined the whole game. if you more search this forum, you will find that ProMods is a lot more than just a "regular map mod". the whole team that works at this project have so much potential to build the best and more realistic map of the whole Europe. so, use ProMods and be astonished with every next release, especially with Scandinavia and France, and countries that will be available later :)
ETS 2 1.31.2.2 All DLC + ProMods v2.30 + RusMap v1.8.1

Purno
Donation rank:

25 Apr 2014 12:22

MandelSoft wrote:This may require more power from your PC graphics card, but it does offer more unique places.
Yeah, I noticed some FPS drops in parts of the ProMods map. I guess they made stuff a little too beautiful for my PC. :mrgreen:

cashtime2013
Developer
Donation rank:

25 Apr 2014 12:34

MandelSoft wrote:- One mod I can definitely suggest is the Realistic Lighting Mod from Atak, which will improve your night scenes by a lot. However, this mod is not completely compatible with the latest ProMods version. For that, you will need this patch to fix that.

Best,
MandelSoft.
Well, I definitely agree with you there, weather-wise (aren't those cloud shadows awesome?!!), but I wasn't impressed with the actual lights, so I still use my two other light mods to compensate. I have now added the above fix, and I can definitely see a change. I swear even my roof beacons are brighter :lol:
British Isles Developer

Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, Intel i5 quad-core CPU, nvidia Geforce GTX 1650, ASUS VZ249HE 24" monitor, 750watt PSU, ETS2 & ATS 64bit

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information