ProMods 2.1

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
SkGe
Donation rank:

06 Jun 2016 13:34

So i know you work hard to give us this great map, but i wonder one thing.
When the next version let say 2.1 it will come, we know already the SCS have France as DLC, and the date of release of both, as version 2.1 and this DLC are still not concluded, what will happen. Because we know that DLC will cover the France and that mean will overwrite your already work on the France part. If let's presume and speculate that new version it will come sooner than this DLC but not so soon (we can approximate, lets say 2-3 months from now till then for both), that mean when we get the new version, and the new DLC is come we need to make a decision. Or to keep this new version and ignore this DLC, or to do otherwise with version in favor for DLC. If we do the other favor that mean your work on the next version as 2.1 is for nothing because people will not enjoy enough because maybe we want this DLC. But perhaps you will do again how you did with Scandinavia DLC, and yet there, we waiting a good portion of time to enjoy again ProMods as is best.
Any thoughts?

ETS2-User
Developer

06 Jun 2016 14:03

I'm sure the France DLC will take longer than 3 months. And when it is out we're gonna deal with it just as we did with DLC Scandinavia: Merge the best of both.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Josh0

06 Jun 2016 17:27

SkGe wrote:Because we know that DLC will cover the France and that mean will overwrite your already work on the France part.
I do not think the France DLC will overwrite the France sectors of ProMods. Mods are loaded after DLCs, so the ProMods has the higher priority. After the France DLC is released, the ProMods developers may choose to integrate some of the France DLC map areas into ProMods map sectors. Or the ProMods developers may choose to keep ProMods map sectors the way they are now, but just upgrade some of the model assets. We won't know until we see the France DLC.
SkGe wrote:If let's presume and speculate that new version it will come sooner than this DLC but not so soon (we can approximate, lets say 2-3 months from now till then for both), that mean when we get the new version, and the new DLC is come we need to make a decision. Or to keep this new version and ignore this DLC, or to do otherwise with version in favor for DLC. If we do the other favor that mean your work on the next version as 2.1 is for nothing because people will not enjoy enough because maybe we want this DLC. But perhaps you will do again how you did with Scandinavia DLC, and yet there, we waiting a good portion of time to enjoy again ProMods as is best.
Any thoughts?
Obviously I do not speak for the ProMods developers, but I believe ProMods will not require the France DLC until sometime after the France DLC is released to the public. Even after the France DLC is released, you should be able to use any existing ProMods with or without the France DLC. When using ProMods, the France map sectors will come from ProMods. If you want to use SCS's France DLC map sectors, then you still can by using the SCS base game without ProMods. After the France DLC is released, and after the ProMods team examines it, a future release of ProMods might require the France DLC so that assets from the France DLC can be used in ProMods.

The bottom line is that the ProMods team cannot begin to integrate the France DLC into ProMods until after the France DLC is released and the ProMods team has a chance to examine it. There is no point in speculating what will happen before the France DLC is released. If you decide that you must play the France DLC (without ProMods), then that is your choice. But to be fair, the ProMods map has included a large portion of France for a while, much more than the base SCS map includes, so if you've been using ProMods then you decided to use ProMods instead of the base SCS map for this time. Users are free to choose whatever maps/mods/DLCs they want to use, at any time. You can even have different game profiles with different combinations of mods (I do).
Last edited by Josh0 on 06 Jun 2016 18:21, edited 1 time in total.

Vøytek
Developer

06 Jun 2016 17:52

Josh0, see Compatibility tab.

1.95 required Scandinavia because PM's Scandinavia was deleted from the map so we were driving on new DLC areas. Later the DLC areas were reworked and added (Denmark cities for example). That's why I think it'll be the same with France. DLC comes out -> new PM version requires new DLC and all roads connecting France to bordering countries are changed to fit :)

We'll see ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

06 Jun 2016 21:09

The new DLC will come with some new amazing assets we can use to make ProMods new France even better. Just as we did with Scandinavia.

So yes, I think ProMods and DLC France will be the same story as ProMods and DLC Scandinavia.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Michieten88

08 Jul 2016 13:49

Any ETA? maybe next month?
Anyway thank u for ur great job

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

08 Jul 2016 14:06

I believe this question has already been answered several times...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

LoaderSaints

09 Jul 2016 06:46

Also, let me quote MandelSoft's signature here:
"Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either."

linguas.amo
Donation rank:

28 Jul 2016 16:40

I think that you (the modders) are doing a fabulous job considering my wife and a friend have informed me that (photography modding) is insanely brutal. i just wanted to say that you guys are doing a great job for the amount of work and rework you guys go through! Thank you tremendously!
The meanest floweret of the vale, The simplest note that swells the gale, The common sun, the air, the skies, To him are open paradise.

kangoeroe
Donation rank:

30 Jul 2016 09:30

I like the map now how its been done and looks realy good. But seeing squirrels stream and updates of different parts of the map mod. I can see a realease is not far from now. I hope its early next month but not sad if its gonna be half of next month. Keep going guys. Hope on seeing fully europe in promods.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information