Greetings from the Kenyan coast

New users are welcome to post a short introduction here
Zirpeltier

18 Dec 2014 16:01

Jambo.

My nickname is Zirpeltier and in real life my name is Frank.

I was born in Germany, but have lived for more than 20 years in Kenya. I know the tracks and roads in East Africa (Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi), because in addition to working in the office of my small safari company, I sometimes have to accompany the guests as a driver too. I then drive mostly a four wheel drive Toyota Land Cruiser - extra made long version.

Truck driving in East Africa is probably not comparable to European conditions. :lol:

In addition to the ETS 2 I play mainly World of Tanks.

stummer
Donation rank:

18 Dec 2014 17:23

Willkommen!

I guess it's a nice variety to drive on highways and in rain ;)

XZV

18 Dec 2014 17:33

Welcome!
Headquarters: Hamburg, Germany
Registration Plate: HH WB 67
Map Explored: 61.87%
Distance travelled: 68,131 km

#JeSuisCharlie

Zirpeltier

18 Dec 2014 17:37

OK - rain, there is not that much. What for most people is scary is the high traffic on trucks - because of the port in Mombasa, and there driving behavior - because here initially applies one rule: The stronger one has right of way. Nevertheless, everything is moving forward more slowly, since most trucks are second hand and overloaded.
By the way - I'm also not an angel.... :mrgreen:

ScuL
Founder

18 Dec 2014 19:10

Nice to see someone living in Africa here, it must be welcome to drive ETS2 to be "reminded" of your homeland sometimes.

I will be visiting 5 South African countries next year (South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana and Namibia) as part of a big world trip :) Hoping to see some animals..
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Introductions”

• Information