[REL] Project Balkans 5.5 for 1.47.x

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
ETS2-User
Developer

29 May 2015 23:54

You may be surprised to see me here... Well i was asked to come back for just a little while to make things go faster and sort out a completely messed up Ljubljana center. So I started with the northern ring and here's the still WIP result of yesterday and tonight after some problems (the city was already there though, I just changed and moved it a bit around to fit the roads in :mrgreen: ):

Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

30 May 2015 00:11

ETS2-User wrote:Image
Aiaiai, there we have it again: steep, STEEP slopes. That looks like at least a 30 degree slope, which is nowhere near realistic...

I keep on hammering on the slopes, since that will really kill the gameplay (and it's pretty unrealistic and ugly). It seems like this map's most common problem and I will keep repeating this until it's solved. If this project is attempting to ever being integrated into ProMods, the overly steep slopes will raise a red flag for that.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

ETS2-User
Developer

30 May 2015 00:28

Yeah I know, I already lowered it and enlarged the ramp, but still... The thing is, irl there's also exit after exit on the northern ring and we want to get this feeling here as well. I already removed the merging prefabs on the highway and replaced them by a block-marked 3rd lane... If I make the ramp even longer, there wouldn't be any chance to merge on the motorway before the next exit, as you can see in the background. The best solution would probably be to renounce one of the exits... :roll:

RacerToft
Donation rank:

30 May 2015 07:35

ETS2-User wrote:
What is happening with that 2x2 lane road?? For me it looks like motocross,, lol
ATS Map Designer, SCS Software

From Denmark, living in the Czech Republic!
Keep calm and ride the dirt!
"Kan man gå overhovedet i sådan nogle?" -Jørgen Leth

grega

30 May 2015 08:34

ETS-2 User you made nice job here :D we are going to fix this, don't worry ;)
Follow our Project Balkans news on FB page https://www.facebook.com/ets2balkans
Check my brand new serie on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji5FdxHhEIA&t=584s

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

30 May 2015 09:22

ETS2-User wrote:The best solution would probably be to renounce one of the exits... :roll:
This is what I was also suggestion to Grega all along: reduce the number of exits, because otherwise the slopes and curves don't fit nicely. The art of mapping is to only map what's necessary and leave out the rest, so that what you actually have mapped has been mapped well...
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝

grega

30 May 2015 09:51

We understand all this :) but, the fact is that you simply CAN'T represent authentic norhtern Ljubljana ring with 1 or 2 exits (IRL there are more than 7 or 8) :( otherwise is just rushing towards the finish line, and this can become TSM, which we don't want to :D (pls don't understand me wrong here)
Follow our Project Balkans news on FB page https://www.facebook.com/ets2balkans
Check my brand new serie on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji5FdxHhEIA&t=584s

ETS2-User
Developer

30 May 2015 10:33

Imo, what makes it even harder is the fact that the motorway is below the city road and not vice versa. That way the crossings of the ramp with the road take more space as they can't be placed on the bridge, so it doesn't look that perfect. I'll put those standard diamond exit prefabs next to the exits the next mapping session to compare the bridge height and ramp length, so it shouldn't be too hard to get up the ramp then and I think 3 exits should fit then (I hope :mrgreen:)

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

30 May 2015 11:15

grega wrote:We understand all this :) but, the fact is that you simply CAN'T represent authentic norhtern Ljubljana ring with 1 or 2 exits (IRL there are more than 7 or 8) :( otherwise is just rushing towards the finish line, and this can become TSM, which we don't want to :D (pls don't understand me wrong here)
What does placing less exits make ProMods TSM-style? In my opinion, steep slopes and too tight curves are more TSM style than just leave out exits.

If you would've done your research correctly, you see that we leave out a lot of exits, simply because there is no room to do them decently, considering slopes, merge lengths and curve radii. I mean, the ring A10 in Amsterdam has 18 exits and four unnumbered interchanges, yet there is not even room to build just one exit decently without having to completely rebuild the city. Heck, the E4 in Stockholm has 30 exits! But there is only room for four or five (and even then, it's quite much). The fact is that you often have to leave out 80 to 90 percent of all exits on a road to make the rest fit properly.

It's not rushing to the end. It is to make decent road layouts working with the scale we have. And at that front, the scale is brutal.
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝

ETS2-User
Developer

30 May 2015 15:47

Better? :mrgreen:

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information