Development on version 1.x (Current Map Improvements)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Purno
Donation rank:

29 Jul 2014 10:42

cashtime2013 wrote:Will all that spaghetti come with tomato sauce?...........hehe!
If you're not driving carefully, yes. :mrgreen:

realdeal350
Developer

29 Jul 2014 11:52

Purno wrote:
cashtime2013 wrote:Will all that spaghetti come with tomato sauce?...........hehe!
If you're not driving carefully, yes. :mrgreen:
lol :D
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

norguy

30 Jul 2014 16:15

Purno wrote:
norguy wrote:Purno: Now that you work on signage, what about adding more of those "Runter vom Gas" warning posters? As Nico pointed out earlier, there are already a few of them in northern Germany, but I think i've only seen one single one.
Will consider it. Haven't found the model yet. Main priority are the real signs. :P
Off course! I guess warning posters won't add much to the security if there are no signs. Then people drive crazy because they are so confused :P

Purno
Donation rank:

31 Jul 2014 07:10

Right, progress was slowed down a bit due to technical and logistic issues, but I was able to spend a bit of time on some signing yesterday evening. Additions are minor (they're only signs after all), but it's a bit extra detail that makes stuff look just a tad better :P

A1 / E47 northbound, past the last exit in Germany.

Added signs for roundabouts, priority roads and overtaking prohibition.

Added signs for priority roads, and that little blue signs in the mid barrier.

All tiny details, but again, I only had a very bit of time to map yesterday. Hopefully will be able to do more this evening. :) Either way, this is more of a 'finishing touch'.

LoaderSaints

31 Jul 2014 08:04

Small details can make a big difference. I really appreciate what you are doing here Purno. :)

anonymson

31 Jul 2014 14:55

If that sign is in Germany, shouldn't it read Malmö rather than Malmø?

ScuL
Founder

31 Jul 2014 16:02

I guess Purno used the Danish overlays on a German road sign.

Either way, neither Sweden nor Denmark are actually listed in Germany so this sign is redundant. You could change it for "Puttgarden" and road BAB1
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Vladzz-G
Developer

31 Jul 2014 16:21

Purno wrote: Image
A1 / E47 northbound, past the last exit in Germany.
I also saw, that this sign (model and font) seems more similar to danish, not german.
Are this sign shouldn't look, like this one or like that?
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

Purno
Donation rank:

31 Jul 2014 17:23

anonymson wrote:If that sign is in Germany, shouldn't it read Malmö rather than Malmø?
Possibly, but I didn't have a Malmö overlay in the right font.
ScuL wrote:I guess Purno used the Danish overlays on a German road sign.
Yep, and the Hessen road sign. Tried to work with the models I already had. I considered this the best-looking and most-sensible option without poking you guys for more models & overlays.
Either way, neither Sweden nor Denmark are actually listed in Germany so this sign is redundant. You could change it for "Puttgarden" and road BAB1
Since that piece of road is only leading to Sweden or Denmark (unless you count that 1 farm in Fehmarn), I liked signing the international destinations. I know there's signs like that in the Netherlands, not sure the Germans do the same thing. It seemed logical and fun to me. :P
Vladzz-G wrote:I also saw, that this sign (model and font) seems more similar to danish, not german.
The model is a sign in Hessen, but it's a portal sign. Had to make my own customized poles/frame for the sign to hang on. The font overlays are indeed Danish font, but I considered it good enough. :P
Are this sign shouldn't look, like this one or like that?
Yep, but again, I didn't want to poke the team for more models and overlays (I already did that more than enough :mrgreen: ). But, considering the feedback on this sign isn't overly positive, I have several options;
  1. Remove the sign completely
  2. Converting it to a national sign rather than an international sign (road number A1 and Puttgarden and Fehmarn as desinations)
  3. Ask the team to make the proper models and overlays, including city names and E-number roads in the correct font
  4. Leave it as it is, despite the feedback
So, what would you have me do? :)

Also, thanks for your feedback! This helps me a lot. I did consider placing a few more of those international signs (for example the A7 towards Danmark), so it's good to know your opinion :)

One last question, what does BAB stand for?

Vladzz-G
Developer

31 Jul 2014 17:34

Hmm... OK.
Purno wrote: One last question, what does BAB stand for?
BundesAutoBahn, if I'm correct. :)
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information