Development on version 1.x (Current Map Improvements)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
pylonzak
Donation rank:

30 Oct 2014 19:17

I will alert you guys on pylons :D because I love pylons :)

pylonzak
Donation rank:

30 Oct 2014 19:20

How do I upload pics, I'm new to this :?

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

30 Oct 2014 19:21

pylonzak wrote:Mandelsoft, I have a great idea we should add italian pylons in italy because they are incorrect we also need extending italy like france which is already done,
New places for italy: Venice, Genova, Surento, Caprie, Roma, Scilly, Gallarate
New places for Scotland (uk) : Dundee,
New country: Slovenia
These are my ides by the way so I hope you like them :mrgreen:
Venice is already build by SCS. The rest is already planned by Promods. But just wait and see what will be included in Promods.
Requesting cities ain't for no use. Promods decides what will be build and what not. At most it's not buildable because of space on the map :)

And please use the edit button if you wanna say more. Double posts are annoying ;)
For pics, upload them to Imgur and put the link in between the img-tags :)
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

30 Oct 2014 19:51

Superdavecan wrote:
MandelSoft wrote:
There is one problem that will make Utrecht hard to realise: thight space. This played a bit of a role with Antwerpen, but with Utrecht, this problem is more severe. We still haven't really got a solid plan for Utrecht, so we focus on other projects where we do have a more concrete plan (France, Iceland, the ARP). And those projects are progressing quite well.

So Utrecht is actually planned on a longer term. Don't expect it to be ready soon...
Funnily enough, I remember advocating the creating of Utrecht back in the day... and it would be really cool! But if it really is more of a long-term plan and space will be super-tight, I'm wondering if it would make more sense to build Eindhoven instead? It honestly seems to be a more realistic option than Utrecht, with the scale of the game... it's far enough away from all three of Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Antwerp. And the south of the Netherlands is quite poorly represented... that country road is the approximate path of the E34, so maybe if some re-working happened down there, Eindhoven could be made to fit. Utrecht could still be a scenery city... and I would also support the creation of either Arnhem or Nijmegen, which could tie in with a rebuild of the Ruhr area (I presume that's part of the ARP plan). And who knows, maybe Nico's dream of Apeldoorn would work too! I believe there IS enough space... just look at Denmark.
Actually, that is not a bad idea at all. We may want to trade in Utrecht for Arnhem and Eindhoven, since there's more space to realise these two cities. Utrecht (and possible Zwolle) could be added as scenery cities). Some changes also need to be done in Belgium regarding the infrastructure. Heck, we may want to start the BRP (Benelux Rebuilding Project) :lol:

But let's finish the ARP North first ;) These things are under consideration and we will decide on them when the time comes...
pylonzak wrote:Mandelsoft, I have a great idea we should add italian pylons in italy because they are incorrect we also need extending italy like france which is already done,
New places for italy: Venice, Genova, Surento, Caprie, Roma, Scilly, Gallarate
New places for Scotland (uk) : Dundee,
New country: Slovenia
These are my ides by the way so I hope you like them :mrgreen:
OK, here are my answers on all points

- UK rebuilding is on hold due to SCS development in Ireland and the ARP having a bigger priority
- Venezia is included in the base map of SCS since patch 1.13
- Genova will be included when we release ProMods 1.75 (which integrates M95s Italy Addon Mod, poured in some extra ProMods sauce), as an extra to "compensate" for the inconvenience caused by the new patch from SCS and our map compatibility with that.
- Further extension of Italy is planned. M95 likes to do that.
- Slovenia is already planned.
- I've done some basic research on Italian electric pylons. They do look quite similar to the standard three-level pylons. However, if you have photos that prove otherwise, please post them here. We are still looking for ways to improve the map (hence why the ARP was started in the first place)

Best,
MandelSoft
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

rarespetrosanu

30 Oct 2014 20:25

T
Last edited by rarespetrosanu on 18 Nov 2014 15:18, edited 1 time in total.

Eryman
Developer

30 Oct 2014 21:20

MandelSoft wrote:- Genova will be included when we release ProMods 1.75

The brazilian guy of ProMods

volan123
Donation rank:

30 Oct 2014 21:21

Eryman wrote:
MandelSoft wrote:- Genova will be included when we release ProMods 1.75
That's so good! Thanks Mandel for letting us know! :D
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

Superdavecan

30 Oct 2014 23:44

MandelSoft wrote:
Actually, that is not a bad idea at all. We may want to trade in Utrecht for Arnhem and Eindhoven, since there's more space to realise these two cities. Utrecht (and possible Zwolle) could be added as scenery cities). Some changes also need to be done in Belgium regarding the infrastructure. Heck, we may want to start the BRP (Benelux Rebuilding Project) :lol:

But let's finish the ARP North first ;) These things are under consideration and we will decide on them when the time comes...
After the ARP is done, or at least the northern part of it, I welcome the BRP with open arms! :D Belgium and the Netherlands are not impressive in the SCS map... although your improvements to Amsterdam and Rottterdam have helped, and you did an excellent job with Antwerp, these two countries remain unremarkable and badly under-represented. They could be so much better than they are right now... and as several members of the ProMods team are Dutch, it only seems right to have a BRP.

So go for it... it's not a crazy idea at all. I support the BRP all the way :) Meanwhile take your time with the ARP... I'm in no rush myself since I won't be able to play for a couple of months anyway due to real-life commitments.

AlexanderPope
Donation rank:

31 Oct 2014 01:49

Let me preface this by saying the obvious:
1) I want you guys to only do what you want to do in the order you want to do it.
2) Everything you do is great, and I will appreciate everything you do.
3) This not in any way a demand.

That said, I do hope the ARP continues after the redesign of the North. SCS' Germany is by far the worst part of the map, and it is right in the center in such an important and breathtaking section of Europe! Driving through Germany is usually the tedious section of any job. A Promods-quality Germany would make me way happier than adding all of Southwestern and Iberian Europe combined.
Heaven from all creatures hides the book of Fate,
All but the page prescribed, their present state:
From brutes what men, from men what spirits know:
Or who could suffer being here below?

pylonzak
Donation rank:

31 Oct 2014 08:38

In the uk, we have a 63kv pylon type with power lines with no spacers single circuit
Can I get any of these pylons in the map editor with promods?
I don't know upload my images from my ipad, I'll show you which one it is, go to kirklington road, mansfield near white post farm and you will see what it looks like, I do like the pylon that carries 6 wires with the other countries but in the uk it needs 7, you missed 1 at the top and angles need to be higher and thinner, search Newark on Trent go down the a617 when you see a pylon, go on street view you can import these 2 new uk pylons, the telephone poles need replacing as well in the uk, it has single V holder with a stick in the middle except for Yorkshire, no stick in middle in Yorkshire, also the Danish V pylons are on buzzits profile! The lamp polands were correct in the uk, but only some around, you see them at markeaton island or j28 m1 or a38 east to McArthurGlen, m25 crash barrier incorrect, it's concrete now, lights are correct, but can you try and widen the m25 to 4 lanes, I'm not sure this would be perfect :D

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information