Development on version 1.x (Current Map Improvements)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Superdavecan

20 Oct 2014 18:51

MandelSoft wrote:
An Europoort reconstruction has been considered (as well as building an extra link from Antwerp to Europoort via the A58/N57). But I'm afraid there is not enough space to rebuild Amsterdam and Rotterdam.
I welcome the Europoort reconstruction! :D I especially hate how when I'm leaving the ferry terminal to drive towards Rotterdam, I always have to wait at that intersection with a give way sign, which frequently has bad traffic. Would be happy to see at least a traffic light or roundabout to make that intersection safer. An extra link through Zeeland using the N57 and A58 would also greatly improve Dutch representation on the map, which I know that as the developers you would like to do as much as is practicable. :)

I quite agree though, Amsterdam and Rotterdam are pretty much stuck as is, especially if Utrecht is planned... we've been through this before but just to revive it for viewers that don't want to go hunting for it... since there is not enough space to build an interchange between the A10 and A2 what I'd suggest in order to connect Amsterdam with Utrecht is to either:
- create a tunnel (that doesn't exist IRL, just some overpasses) under the southern part of the A10 and have it become the A2, or:
- from Utrecht, have the A2 head north towards Amsterdam but create a diversion onto an extended A9, claiming that the road is closed due to construction.

And then thinking again about dangerous (or at least annoying) intersections like the one at the Europoort... in Denmark I also hate that left turn at Fredrikshavn. Some sort of traffic control would be useful... as would a sign directing the way into the ferry terminal as you enter Fredrikshavn. Might be obvious with the satnav but signs are always helpful ;) Also in Denmark, I think I remember something about a Copenhagen rebuild... I sure hope so, if only because of that dangerous uncontrolled intersection right in the middle, where two relatively high-speed roads intersect. There should definitely at least be a traffic light there.

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

20 Oct 2014 21:40

Superdavecan wrote:I think I remember something about a Copenhagen rebuild... I sure hope so
+1
If anything Copenhagen/København is pretty ugly

Drop E47 and use O4 and maybe O3 as main roads as there's very few exits from the motorway IRL
Exit to 21 (towards Roskilde) if you come from Malmö/Sweden using E20 there's an exit to O4
For companies you have Glostrup route 156, Herlev route 166 and Ballerup route 211 all located near O4
Futher north there's also a couple of industrial areas but not as dense

EDIT: He he got carried away, hopefully SCS will get it right we'll know soon enough when Scandanivia DLC hits the streets :P
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

AlexanderPope
Donation rank:

21 Oct 2014 14:07

I was just wondering what you guys think of Hull. It's basically a whole built city but it only has a port. There's already a company yard there, it's just locked off. Have you guys considered plopping in a company or two in Hull and maybe possibly a garage so that there's more to do in Hull then just bee-line to the port?
Heaven from all creatures hides the book of Fate,
All but the page prescribed, their present state:
From brutes what men, from men what spirits know:
Or who could suffer being here below?

Superdavecan

21 Oct 2014 18:19

AlexanderPope
I was just wondering what you guys think of Hull. It's basically a whole built city but it only has a port. There's already a company yard there, it's just locked off. Have you guys considered plopping in a company or two in Hull and maybe possibly a garage so that there's more to do in Hull then just bee-line to the port?
I'd support that idea :)

Der Freiburger
Donation rank:

21 Oct 2014 20:15

realdeal350 wrote:
Der Freiburger wrote:nice Screenshot, will the "Köhlbrandbrücke" be involved? And can you drive over it?
Yes and yes! :D
Very, very Nice
Look at HK Transporte on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/HKTransp/

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

22 Oct 2014 08:15

mikoair wrote:Huh, maybe not conversion, but I mean that for example PolandRebuilding didn't work firstly on 1.14, and now it works fine. That's why I'm asking for status of 'work' - does the map work on 1.14 or not?
It always depends on how cleverly the map was build. Lots of (new) modders make mistakes in the def. For example continuing where SCS ended their def counting.

If new def numbers were added in a new version it most probably will cause game crashes. That is why some maps need to be updated for every version because people didn't think about SCS future development. We had those mistakes as well but most were removed in the ProMods version 1.5.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

said27081999
Donation rank:

28 Oct 2014 22:27

Kan je utrecht net zo mooi maken als antwerpen

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

28 Oct 2014 23:12

English, please!

Dut: engels, gelieve!

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

29 Oct 2014 03:29

uk_daf_fan wrote:English, please!

Dut: engels, gelieve!
Quick Dutch lesson: you can only use "gelieve" as a translation for "please" in the imperative sense; as in "please do not leave your luggage unattended" ("gelieve uw baggage niet onbewaakt achter te laten"). As you're using the word here, it should be translated as "alstublieft". ;)

I know, Dutch is a very difficult language to master. If it's any consolation, most people who actually live in Holland and Flanders aren't able to speak/write it correctly. There is a silver lining though, because, once you do master it, it becomes easier to learn other foreign languages.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

29 Oct 2014 05:51

said27081999 wrote:Kan je utrecht net zo mooi maken als antwerpen
Just wait and see......

Why can't you people just wait for an update? When there's something to show to us, they'll show it to us. Otherwise, just wait, wait and see.
What's the point of knowing how Utrecht will look like before you can even drive trough it? I don't see any... Yes showing progress is good, but showing everything is not so good. Just be patient, and be happy :)
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information