Development on version 1.x (Current Map Improvements)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
MandelSoft
Lead Developer

17 Oct 2013 13:00

The Danish Taper [Streeview link] is a particular kind of sign. It's basically one variation of singing tapers (AKA, lanes that split up later on into two lanes like this [Streeview link]). The left lane goes left and the right lane goes right, but for the middle you have the choice do go left or right, hence why the dividing line on the sign is above the center arrow, indicating the center lane. It's a simple but clever solution to sign tapers.

Other options to sign tapers in Europe are:

- Not at all (the Netherlands, old signage scheme)
- Stacking (UK [Streeview link])
- Reversing the arrow direction to upwards pointing arrows and split up the arrow above the taper: (Germany [Streeview link])

OK, that's enough Roadgeek 101 for today ;)

Best,
MandelSoft
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

clauslr
Donation rank:

18 Oct 2013 01:00

Thanks for the lecture :-)

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

25 Oct 2013 21:47

yea thanks Mandel :) I didnt knew what they meant cause im used to USA signs

kilian
Donation rank:

07 Nov 2013 16:17

How to edit the fuel prices to make them more realistic?

nico even een vraagje over totaal iets anders weet jij de code om in mods te komen ik wil namelijk de branstof kosten realistisch maken ik wil de tegewoordige prijzen aan passen op de scandinavian map

mvg ets 2 freak
Last edited by Nico on 07 Nov 2013 16:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote and pls talk English on the main forum!

ScuL
Founder

07 Nov 2013 16:48

It's not just the price (which can be found in def files) in text form you will also have to edit the image textures for gas stations if you want it to display correctly. We always used the latest gas prices when adding new countries.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

clauslr
Donation rank:

08 Nov 2013 10:45

On Euro Truck Simulator forum the mod pack:

http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3277

continuously updates the gas prices in the vanilla game to the current values. The mod gets the information from an EU website somewhere. Don't ask me about technical details about this. I have no idea.

But perhaps you could drop the author of the mod a line?

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

08 Nov 2013 11:15

Hmm it a cool feature but I know that guy alittle. Rude, offensive and the biggest ProMods hater I have ever met.

It's cool feature but that's an end to it. Im not gonna get it in and I don't think he will talk to us.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

08 Nov 2013 21:08

He is aptly named, as he does have a tendency to "Ata(c)k Sna(j)p(era) at folks quite a bit.... :lol:
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Superdavecan

09 Nov 2013 15:26

Hello Team, seems I'm on here quite sparingly these days... but even if I'm not posting anything I still try to keep up to date with the progress on new areas of the map. I haven't really heard much about current map improvements recently though, so I thought I would see how things are going there.

In the Netherlands Suggestions topic that I started in September http://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=529, I had some ideas and I also got a good description from MandelSoft about the improvements that have been made. When this topic was created, he also put a summary of it at the start of this topic. I'm just wondering if any more progress has been made on updates to the Netherlands since mid-October.

Then in Belgium, a country which really badly needs map improvements, back in September I had some ideas for things that could be improved in Belgium, and I posted them in the Belgium Suggestions topic http://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=179&start=10. That one has been inactive for a while and I'm wondering if there's anything to update about Belgium at this time.

And then lastly, just wondering how things stood with improvements to the UK. Early on I saw that ScuL had a lot of good information about this in the UK and Ireland suggestions topic http://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=122, but it's been a while... so just checking. My own suggestions are at the bottom of page 7 of that topic... would love to know if any of them came to fruition, especially the first, second and last ones!

I'm not going to ask about release dates or anything like that, because it's pointless to do so; it will simply come out when it does, when you're all satisfied that it's ready. Better this way. :) I just wanted to try to get a quick update on where things stood with these areas. Granted, the ProMods Team's attention is more on Euromir right now, but I was just hoping that the current map didn't get forgotten ;)

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

09 Nov 2013 15:34

Actually our focus is now gone from Euromir and fully focussed on map improvements and another project. We are not going to tell alot about it, but you guys will some info on it in the coming months.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information