Development on version 2.x (Romania Edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Barrett_killz

30 Jul 2015 11:35

MIRFI wrote:
There's no double Romania-Hungary border just like it is in RusMap, there's just one passport control.
For Romanian citizens just identity card. ;) But I never staied more than 5 minutes at a RO - H border ever.

The RO - MD borders are already 2, and two-laned. ;) They could use some custom models though!
We've driven through Borș customs last week, my sister showed her Romanian passport (has Romanian citizenship as well) and they didn't even take it, I showed my Moldovan passport and it took like 30 minutes for them to verify it. But that was nothing compared to RO-MD customs, we had to wait 3 hours there, it was way too full. Also, trucks have to drive through some kind of "roentgen" room, and it takes LOTS of hours, if not days for them to wait their turn.
Anyway, I'm really looking forward to hear & see more about borders/customs regarding this map.

mgsakatataee
Donation rank:

31 Jul 2015 12:33

Barrett_killz wrote:We've driven through Borș customs last week, my sister showed her Romanian passport (has Romanian citizenship as well) and they didn't even take it, I showed my Moldovan passport and it took like 30 minutes for them to verify it. But that was nothing compared to RO-MD customs, we had to wait 3 hours there, it was way too full. Also, trucks have to drive through some kind of "roentgen" room, and it takes LOTS of hours, if not days for them to wait their turn.
Anyway, I'm really looking forward to hear & see more about borders/customs regarding this map.
Before Romania enter in E.U. at Bors was hard to in Hungary and back in Romania. All kind of controls by the Hungarian Police. Sometimes it took more than 6 hrs for one truck to pass when was the time for Hungarians to take care of the custom.

Also Purno nice pics.
Last edited by tkk7406 on 31 Jul 2015 14:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't quote excessive text, just the bit you need
Playing PM since 2015. Why? Because I like this mod. A bit laggy, but very well made.
Favorite truck brand: DAF.

im_saxo

31 Jul 2015 15:53

Purno wrote:The signage guy was in Romania. Romania is now a few signs richer.

It seems a bit strange that a sign is placed in the middle of the road. It would be ok if there are some raised area there, not just road markings. Or no sign at all.
But I've probably mistaked and such things are common in that area.

MIRFI
Donation rank:

31 Jul 2015 16:03

Nope, pretty common. ;)

Barrett_killz

31 Jul 2015 16:15

mgsakatataee wrote:Before Romania enter in E.U. at Bors was hard to in Hungary and back in Romania. All kind of controls by the Hungarian Police. Sometimes it took more than 6 hrs for one truck to pass when was the time for Hungarians to take care of the custom.
I've heard lots of stories about people trying to cross RO-HUN border by hiding in the trailers and stuff in the 90's. Anyway, these kinds of borders require lots of work-around and also a separate system of implemented features.

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

31 Jul 2015 19:45

"Raised areas" cost a lot of money. Paint for diagonal stripes is much cheaper! :lol:
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Rocar 512E

31 Jul 2015 23:59

Purno, i can assure you that the signs are 100% Romanian.
And Nico, thanks 4 the great news, but does that mean we will still have serbia back again? :D

MIRFI
Donation rank:

01 Aug 2015 00:41

@n4gix.bill.leaming And safer.. :lol:

@Michael Serbia will come out maybe later, but not in 2.0..

Meanwhile, beta testing the map.. :) Reached Nico's new Nădlac border (RO-H) quite late, on a cold rainy weather.

tonyk

01 Aug 2015 00:51

Really looking forward to driving through here and Romania.

Nice work!

Horizon™
Developer

01 Aug 2015 00:52

"No pedestrians" sign in the highway :D lol, actually people have to know that already but..hmm

MIRFI, is there bumpy roads in your part of the map? And someone will make a custom interchanges in Romania too?
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information