Development on version 1.x (Finland - Project Napapiiri)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
ScuL
Founder

18 Aug 2014 17:29

Nissantruck wrote:
ScuL wrote:Is it only trucks or also trailers? Is it just front or just rear?
Is it always the case?
Hello!Päivää! Some Finnish trucks and vans have orange license plate frames, but not all and they can be found from the truck in front and back.And the orange frames are not in trailers.The Finnish license plates are still missing the dash ( - ) so if you can fix the font problem in the next bug fix update,because the license plates are still wrong. :(
They have been fixed in 1.70

I have a v1.70 copy here fresh from download and it contains the dash in every city.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

mbman212
Donation rank:

18 Aug 2014 17:54

ScuL wrote:
Nissantruck wrote:
ScuL wrote:Is it only trucks or also trailers? Is it just front or just rear?
Is it always the case?
Hello!Päivää! Some Finnish trucks and vans have orange license plate frames, but not all and they can be found from the truck in front and back.And the orange frames are not in trailers.The Finnish license plates are still missing the dash ( - ) so if you can fix the font problem in the next bug fix update,because the license plates are still wrong. :(
They have been fixed in 1.70

I have a v1.70 copy here fresh from download and it contains the dash in every city.
Agreed, double checked my trucks license plates, every one has the dash on the plates, I can see them clearly though I'm running game on lowest graphics settings :) <- in version 1.70. I'm not concerned about the back plate of the license plates (orange which is highly discussed). I'm totally fine with those plates that are in this version.
#8 Forum Spammer

ETS2 v1.38.1.15, ProMods 2.5x, DLC content

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

18 Aug 2014 21:21

I must confess that I'm still puzzled about this obsession with license plates. I don't even pay attention to them in Real Life TM much less ETS2... :lol:
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

18 Aug 2014 21:28

It's just that little detail which makes Promods more awesome, just as Purno's signs, licence plates are important too! :)
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Nissantruck

19 Aug 2014 11:03

Hello! Päivää! Volleybal4life is right because the small details matter especially with the ProMods work and as you can see the dash in my company's trucks with the Finnish license plates are still NOT working correctly or i cant see with my eyes anymore but as you can clearly see from the pictures that they are not working with my Ets2 1.12.1, ProMods 1.70,Poland Rebuilding 1.70 and Russia Map 1.3. I did use these same pictures earlier but it was a good idea that i did not throw them to the trash bin,because the problem is still the same,unfortunately.Ai truck license plates are properly made i mean they work fine. And if you are going to add those orange plate frames to the mod, then please make it as on optional thing because, NOT all of the trucks in Finland have/use them and the trucks/companys that are using the orange frames are members of a truck drivers union and the name of that union is SKAL in Finnish that is Suomen kuljetus ja logistiikka (Finnish Transport and Logistics).Ps.this is the English language website for the SKAL. http://www.skal.fi/en
Attachments
ets2 Dash..jpg
My trucks are still missing the dash.
ets2 Dash..jpg (15.28 KiB) Viewed 2799 times
ets2 Where is the dash..jpg
NO dash in my company trucks.
ets2 Where is the dash..jpg (24.46 KiB) Viewed 2799 times
Last edited by Nissantruck on 19 Aug 2014 16:07, edited 1 time in total.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

ScuL
Founder

19 Aug 2014 12:31

Maybe it's like this because the truck was purchased with the old system. But I can confirm all new def files are fixed. Getting a new truck (ie. changing the license plate) would fix it.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

mbman212
Donation rank:

19 Aug 2014 13:44

I dunno but as I said, I can clearly see the dash on both sides of my truck and trailers which are taken from Finland.
Attachments
the dash.png
The dash in my Scania Longline
the dash.png (236.14 KiB) Viewed 2708 times
#8 Forum Spammer

ETS2 v1.38.1.15, ProMods 2.5x, DLC content

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

Nissantruck

19 Aug 2014 16:09

Hello! Päivää! I will buy a new truck later someday because i am not going to buy a new truck just because of that missing dash problem and my other trucks with Finnish license plates have the same problem too,i mean they also look like trucks from Sweden.But i guess i will need to buy more new trucks later.It is good that the def files are now fixed.

Quaristice

19 Aug 2014 19:19

Try transferring your truck to another garage slot and then back to you, that generates a new license plate.

Nissantruck

20 Aug 2014 11:20

Hello!Päivää! Thank you Quaristice for that good idea and i am going to try that later.But then if i do that the program changes the license plate letters/numbers to something else and i do not now why that happens because that can't happen in the real life.I mean it can happen but not without anybody touching them.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information